speakers as cat scratching posts [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : speakers as cat scratching posts

jamison
02-11-2005, 09:11 PM
My beloved cat decided to use my speaker grill as a scratching post, so i took the apropriate measures.....im giving away a free cat

James.ca
02-11-2005, 11:07 PM
You have given me an idea scratch proof grill cloths maybe something out of Kevlar !!
Or custom metal grill covers the pro audio guys use on PA gear t keep drunks hands off the drivers or the roadies from wrecking them >
james

thepogue
02-12-2005, 05:58 PM
ah...can you pass the soy sause?

Peace, pogue

elbarono
02-12-2005, 07:26 PM
My beloved cat decided to use my speaker grill as a scratching post, so i took the apropriate measures.....im giving away a free cat

I hope that's just a joke and a pic you found on the internet.. Animal abuse is illegal and is nothing to laugh about.

thepogue
02-13-2005, 03:25 AM
we got a cat....a road...cars drive on roads....cats wander on roads...???...hmmmm...better call in the cat-cops!!!

(shakes his head as he walks out the door)

Peace and purddy lil furry things, Pogue

mjon99
02-13-2005, 06:39 AM
HA HA HA!!!

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-13-2005, 11:40 AM
Jamison,
I showed my two cats your picture, and explained to them why you did it. They told me to ask you have you ever seen the movie Pet Cemetary. LOL

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-13-2005, 11:43 AM
I hope that's just a joke and a pic you found on the internet.. Animal abuse is illegal and is nothing to laugh about.

A sense of humor would not be out of place in this instance. He is just joking, aren't you Jamison(with a look of worry in his face)

RGA
02-13-2005, 11:51 AM
Can you pass the soy sauce LOL ---- this thread has to be politically correct free zone.

I had two cats for 17 years. Other than spraying on my Wharfedales they were terrific - the Wharfedales still work -- a little smelly and the urine made permanent indents to the metal rings by acidically eating the steel.

Still they work great.

jamison
02-13-2005, 02:40 PM
yea thats meant as a joke folks didnt mean to offend anyone .... .my beloved cat lived 20 years of age and was put down do to old age. I do know how most people would react to having their speakers clawed to death too. that pic was taken off of funnyjunk.com.

yes i have seen pet semetary i took my mom to see it ! (hahahahaha just kidding)
not a bad soundtrack for its age either... would love to hear it in DTS.

if anyone is interested the cat used in that movie is a french breed called a Chartreux.
they have blueish gray hair with orange eyes when mature. they are very friendly cats and are very quiet.

axelsrd
02-13-2005, 03:10 PM

It's funny as hell.

elbarono
02-13-2005, 11:20 PM
The photo, or rather, the sign in the photo, is fairly clever. I wouldn't really call it 'funny', but that's beside the point. That wasn't the part of jamison's post that disturbed me.

The part that disturbed me was the implication that that was his cat, and that it was something he had done in response to the cat scratching his speakers.

James.ca
02-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Can't really blame fido .
Nice soft materail just sitting there all perfect !!
My beast uses my wal divider and a rolled up carpet thatI have yet to lay
I had a proper post for him but was to short and carpet should bottom side out they seem tol lke it better that way .
Yo might get some metal msh onthe front iinseadof material
but don't leaver drivrs open my buddys cat tore them up even wihtout the grill cloths I guess it was the nice soft paper >

You could always dump the cat down athe stereo store when they aren't looking !!
James .ca