Nimoy Hobbit Song [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Nimoy Hobbit Song

Troy
02-11-2005, 10:29 AM
http://theposse.org/downloads/bbaggins.mov

May be the best video ever made.

Because it's about Lord of the Rings characters . . . does that make it prog?

ForeverAutumn
02-11-2005, 01:24 PM
When I click the link, I get a message saying...

"You don't have permission to access bbaggins.mov on this server".

I understood getting that message on my business computer logged onto our network, but I'm getting the same message at home. Geez, this must be really good if I'm forbidden from accessing it!

MindGoneHaywire
02-11-2005, 01:50 PM
I've never seen the video...wait a minute, now, maybe I did see it once. I am familiar with the song, and for a long time. It is good, though Nimoy's career is sometimes framed in the 'so bad it's good' category. Unlike William Shatner, he actually sang & put out several records. I do believe that 'Bilbo Baggins' was the best-known of his efforts, at least until Irwin Chusid put together those 'Golden Throats' comps a few years ago...not that anyone's ever heard them, either, though, I guess. Nimoy's 'If I Had A Hammer' rules wailingly. Or something like that.

How come you can see this, progboy?

Javier
02-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Cannot see it also but i think since is LOTR related send it to Victor

Troy
02-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah, lotsa people are having troubles with that link. Dunno why . . .

I uploaded it to MY site where access is not a privelage, it's a god-given right!

http://www.lostamerica.com/samplestuff/bbaggins.mov

3-LockBox
02-11-2005, 04:38 PM
He actually thought he could sing. I wonder how he felt when he realized that he was the butt of a joke.

That video is so bad that you can't believe it, but you can't <i>not</i> look at it.

Golden Throats Vol. 1 and 2 are fun and embarissing at the same time.

Do you have any of those Troy?

Troy
02-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Golden Throats Vol. 1 and 2 are fun and embarissing at the same time.

Do you have any of those Troy?

I have 1 (good) and 4 (scraping the bottom of the barrell). Good CDs to clear a room with.

MindGoneHaywire
02-12-2005, 10:59 AM
I don't have it anymore, but I did have a volume or two in the past. Mostly a good novelty listen, a few with staying power, most notably Nimoy. One of those very cool kinds of things that you keep even though you rarely listen to it. In this instance it's stuff I didn't actually keep.

One slightly disappointing note is that I met Irwin Chusid recently--friend of a friend--and while I've always enjoyed what he does on the radio (he's still on WFMU, which is webcast), I found him to be kind of a pompous jagoff. Very taken w/himself, snooty. Oh, well.