Polk Audio RM6750 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Polk Audio RM6750

neofyte
02-11-2005, 09:21 AM
I recently purchased Bose AM 5 speakers, which I am very displeased with. I did not do my research and I expected to be able to expand on the system - instead I would need to buy a whole new AM system. Now I am interested in the Polk RM6750 system because it is Polk and it's in my price range. Does anyone have an opinion about them? I have a Yamaha RX-650 AV, and I understand the Yamahas are generally considered crisp AVs - is the RM6750 a good match?

Also, I am seeing that most of these Home Theater speaker systems have powered subwoofers and that it's not recommended you connect them directly to the subwoofer connection on the AV (I am new to this). What's the downside to this vs. a standard subwoofer?

Any and all help much appreciated.

jamison162
02-11-2005, 02:55 PM
I would start with the Polk Audio Monitor 30 Bookshelves for $200 or RTi4's for $260 for the Front. Add another set of the above for surrounds or the FXi3 surround for $350.
For center the CS2 for $300 or CSi3 for $200. Match em up according to model.

So like 2 sets of Monitor 30's (Front+Surrounds) with the CS2 Center would run you $700. If you ordered from Crutchfield.com you would get a $150 Gift Card and pick up the Infinity PS8 for $100. No tax and free shipping. So you spend $800 ($300 more than budget) but I feel you would have a much better system than the RM6750.

Van Wilder
02-11-2005, 05:39 PM
If you can get a hand on the older RM6700 model, it would be a better choice.

The RM6700 have a much better subwoofer and banana plugs on the satellites.

I have bought one kit for my father and when I heard the sound; I just bought the last box from the store for me :)

evil__betty
02-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Those Polk are a solid system. I have the older versions of them and loved them until my budget allowed me to purchase a set of Jamo's. The monitor line from Polk is probably the best bang-for-buck that you will get. They are super efficient speakers that sound great all around. If you can afford to step up to the monitor series from the RM6750 make the move! You will be much happier in the long run.