How did you mount your bipoles? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How did you mount your bipoles?

jamison162
02-11-2005, 08:02 AM
I got my new Polk Audio FXi3's in. Wow, these babies are pretty big. Glad I didn't spring for the FXi5's. Anyway, my new house was prewired with the surrounds being on the sidewalls (and kinda high) in the back of the family room, right before the kitchen. Thing is that whol area is a huge open floor plan. Family Room, Breakfast nook, kitchen is all open with 11' ceilings and hardwood floors. I was gonan mount the bipoles on brackets and angle them a little towards the center of the room and down at the sectional. Problem is now, if I do that, the way these things are made (triangular) I'll be throwing sound back at the walls instead of out in the room. Guess I need to figure someway to mount them flat, as low as possible and still have it look good with the speaker connections and all. Any suggestions. Finding a bracket to work well with these puppies might end up be a little tricky anyway.

ANY SUGGESTIONS????

Sir Terrence the Terrible
02-11-2005, 09:07 AM
I got my new Polk Audio FXi3's in. Wow, these babies are pretty big. Glad I didn't spring for the FXi5's. Anyway, my new house was prewired with the surrounds being on the sidewalls (and kinda high) in the back of the family room, right before the kitchen. Thing is that whol area is a huge open floor plan. Family Room, Breakfast nook, kitchen is all open with 11' ceilings and hardwood floors. I was gonan mount the bipoles on brackets and angle them a little towards the center of the room and down at the sectional. Problem is now, if I do that, the way these things are made (triangular) I'll be throwing sound back at the walls instead of out in the room. Guess I need to figure someway to mount them flat, as low as possible and still have it look good with the speaker connections and all. Any suggestions. Finding a bracket to work well with these puppies might end up be a little tricky anyway.

ANY SUGGESTIONS????

Jamison,
Do not mount them too low, or you will defeat their purpose. Also make sure they have a backwall to fire off of, or their output will just disappear into nothing, especially in the high frequencies. In the absence of a backwall, there will be no sense of envelopement.

In terms of mounting brackets, check out omnimounts. They seem to have a mounting brackets for every kind of installation you could think of.