What is speaker Run in and procedure for run in ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What is speaker Run in and procedure for run in ?

cjkannan
12-20-2003, 05:07 PM
Hi,

I am a novice to this HI-FI world, I have recently bought a Yamaha vx2400 receiver + a pair of Quad 11l's and Monitor Audio Bronze B2.

This site and your reviews have been very useful in deciding the above systems. Thanks guys.

I have set it up and quite impressed with the performance, but I wish to understand "Speaker Run in" or "Burn" a little more in detail.

Appreciate if you could share , what exactly is a speaker run in and how to do a proper speaker run in ?

Thanks guys

yakkosmurf
12-22-2003, 08:26 AM
I've never been one to fully support the burn in idea. Most folks play pink or white noise through the speakers at a good volume for a number of hours. The idea being to get the mechanical parts of the speaker moving and getting to know each other, much like breaking in a car engine. Personally, I don't think there is much difference in breaking in speakers with noise rather than a variety of music. I know the music is much more enjoyable to listen to for the first few days.