Best Buy [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy

hmmmm
12-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Does anyone have a Best Buy in their area that sells Denon DVD Players? Mine Doesn't (MD Area) and I have a gift certificate. I want the Denon 2200 and they said they can't order it. Their customer service said that some stores carry it but they couldn't tell me who. Frustrating! No luck with the website either.

spacedeckman
12-20-2003, 07:21 PM
I don't know what the customer service person was talking about, but if they did have Denon, they wouldn't have the regular line, they would have the distribution line and you wouldn't get that piece anyway. As it sits, BB is not a Denon dealer.

yakkosmurf
12-22-2003, 06:42 AM
I agree. BB doesn't sell Denon. In fact, I don't buy electronics there because they only sell the cheaper brands and models, never the nicer ones. Denon is too nice for BB. That's the one advantage I've found that Circuit City has over them is a better selection, but still not great.

hmmmm
12-22-2003, 06:51 AM
Well, what to do... I'll have to see if I can sell the gift certificate! I really wanted the Denon 2200 and am on a budget.

spacedeckman
12-24-2003, 03:44 PM
"Denon is too good for BB", but their distribution line is good enough for "Eddies Satellite and Poop Scooping". BTW, that lowly "big" Yamaha they have at BB will make the owner of a Denon 5803 physically ill given a "head to head" in 2 channel stereo. Denon is nice stuff...God didn't build it.

BB is moving up a bit in the world. They now have 4 speaker lines that either don't suck, or have limited suckage. Way better than where they were 12 months ago. Now they just need sound rooms...don't get me started.