Stop talking about football!! Let's talk about sex and rock n roll... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Stop talking about football!! Let's talk about sex and rock n roll...

Snowbunny
02-07-2005, 03:15 PM
On CBC radio they have a short segment every morning called, “Good Question”. You can ask a question about anything, like why are egg yolks yellow, and the host will find an expert to answer your question. Today a listener asked what defines a song as “rock and roll” what with all the goofy sub-categories we here are so familiar with.

The host called the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, and asked the question. The expert answered that the African slaves introduced rhythms and beats that were much different than the “European” music brought to the Americas by the Europeans. You know, polkas and minuets and all that great stuff.

The term “rock ‘n roll” came from the African tradition and “rock and roll”, in their vernacular, was actually a reference to having sex. Alan Freed decided to change the name of rhythm and blues to rock and roll and sanitized the term “rock and roll” for the American audiences. I guess now I know why those Baptists weren’t allowed to dance “rock and roll” style.

Rock on! :cool:

Snowie

np: Woven Birds – Calexico – NICE!

Slosh
02-07-2005, 03:35 PM
Football sex is the best. Why do you think halftime is fifteen minutes? :p

rawk on

Snowbunny
02-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Football sex is the best. Why do you think halftime is fifteen minutes? :p

rawk on

Fifteen minutes! Haven't you heard the analogy that women are electric ranges and men are gas! Heheheh... most women wouldn't even be simmering after fifteen minutes!

Hey, I just got home and found a snowdrift in my mailbox! Thanks, a very welcome surprise, Sloshie.

Snow

P.S. The Calexico track was from your Foolish Pleasure comp and who woulda guessed that that McLusky song would grow on me so.

F**k this band
And their demon seed
Cos if they burst out
You're responsible

F**k this band
And their foolish pride
Which lets them think
They can get away with this

Slosh
02-07-2005, 04:30 PM
If I can't get it done in fifteen minutes it ain't worth doing ;)

Maybe I'll get myself a ref shirt and whistle and take this football sex thing seriously. Think she'll be irked if I throw a flag on her for delay of game? :D

Dusty Chalk
02-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Sporting a obner

NP: Jem, "Missing You" -- really pretty rock'n'roll song

kexodusc
02-08-2005, 04:35 AM
Wholly off-topic, Batman...This thread is hilarious.

Hyfi
02-08-2005, 04:58 AM
I guess now I know why those Baptists weren’t allowed to dance “rock and roll” style.

Rock on! :cool:

Snowie

np: Woven Birds – Calexico – NICE!

You know why Mormons don't make love standing up?

It might lead to dancing.