Center channel speaker decision help! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Center channel speaker decision help!

Lord Nikon
02-06-2005, 04:25 PM
I have a pair of R30's coming in this week and I wanted to get a nice silk tweeter center channel that would work well with them. I know that Polk recommends the CSi20 which is no longer made. So I am looking for something from their most current like Would this center channel work well with the Polk Audio R30 Mains or is there another one you guys would recommend?? My price limit is $400 or less! :)

Jack
02-07-2005, 05:53 AM
Lord Nikon....I also have the R30's and CSi20 as fronts on an HT setup and am happy with them. Ebay, right now has one CSi20 new in box for $159. I don't know how you feel about buying on Ebay, but with some research into the seller (feedback, email the seller, etc) and a little common sense, you can find some great deals without getting burned. I actually got my CSi20 used, in mint condition, for $50 on Ebay (shipping snafu (broken grill posts - easy fix) lowered the price from $95 - great seller). You can definitely find great deals on Ebay, but always check out the seller and remember "if it seems too good to be true... . Anyway, gook luck with your search and I'm sorry, but I don't know what other Polk models will work with the R30's....Jack