Super Sunday! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Super Sunday!

Davey
02-06-2005, 11:28 AM
<font size="+2">Sunday</font> Sunday <font size="-1">Sunday</font> <font size="-2">Sunday</font> .....

Hey Rave Wreckers, what you got spinning to warm you up for the big game today? Another in a steady stream of beautiful bay area days outside, just got back from a nice run, got a bunch of cold Gordon Biersch Pilsner in the fridge and got my latest purchase in the player right now ... Hector Zazou Strong Currents / Sonora Portraits 2.

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0000TW3YC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

2003 release featuring appearances from Ryuichi Sakamoto, Laurie Anderson, Melanie Gabriel (daughter of Peter), Jane Birkin, Lisa Germano, Sarah Jane Morris and a bunch of other ladies that in 2004 was repackaged in a box that includes a 100 page mini book with a long Zazou interview, essay, & chronology. Very cool and classy. The Lori Carson track is playing right now and I'd almost swear it was Martina from Tricky's early stuff (and her own recent solo album). You may remember her from the 90s incarnation of the Golden Palominos, and the great This Is How It Feels album. I haven't heard any of her solo albums, but this vocal makes me want to get one. Mine was made in Italy and I waited a long time before finding a good price. Got it recently from ab-cd.com.

Not exactly football music, but hey, can't live by bread alone. Sometimes you gotta have some sugar! So what's the dealio at your place?

Hyfi
02-06-2005, 12:13 PM
Live at the Blue Cat Blues

Dusty Chalk
02-06-2005, 01:11 PM
Gosh, that sounds so good Dave, some of my favourites on there.

I'm listening to "Jem" right now. No, not the doll, although she is one. Poppy music; a little bit hip-hoppity, but not really. RIYL Dido, Chainsuck, Vitamin C.

Hey, if you're going to get any Lori Carson, get her latest one, The Finest Thing -- that dang near made my top 20 list. Highly recommended. I'll try to squeeze on a track on my 2004 sampler.

Davey
02-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Gosh, that sounds so good Dave, some of my favourites on there.
It is good, but it's not gonna wind up as my favorite Zazou album. Just not enough dynamic contrasts and funky sounds to make it special like Sahara Blue and Songs from the Cold Seas. Still very nice and glad I have it finally. Looking forward to really getting to know it well in the coming weeks.

The Harold Budd album is the real standout though in my acquisitions from the last couple months. At least of the ones I've actually had a chance to listen to much. Still have barely listened to the other two Fiery Furnaces albums I got. And that new Lockgroove is really nice. Just saw that one of the guys at fakejazz picked it as his #1 in their year end list/catfight/elimination/contest/thingie http://www.fakejazz.com/thelist/2004/thelist1.shtml

Jim Laakso's #1 - Lockgroove Calm Right Down
Best of both ends of the spaces</>hit spectrum: brutal rock attacks and sweet fuzzed-out pop. A great record from start to finish with luv-lee production sheen.

<font size="+4">GO PATS! EAT IT PHILLY LOVERS!</font>

Swish
02-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Eagles will win this game somehow. It's tied at the half when everyone, welll, very nearly everyone, has jumped on the Pats bandwagon and predicted a blowout. We shall see my friend, we shall see.

Oh yearh, the music. I listened to "The Meadowlands" by the Wrens, along with "Final Straw" from Snow Patrol.

Swish

GO E.A.G.L.E.S. EAGLES !!!!!