Pioneer disk changer PD-F904 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer disk changer PD-F904

2looped
02-05-2005, 03:14 PM
I recently picked up a slightly used Pioneer PD-F904 file type disk changer to add to my existing (older) Pioneer components. After removing the 3 transportaion screws & hooking it up, I found it would not read disks and play music even though it loads disks and advances through the racks without any problems. The display output is normal, but the play indicator light inside the front panel does not light up or blink.

I tested the connection by hooking up my existing disk player (model PD-M552) to the RCA cables and connections I was using for the PDF-904. It functioned normally.

So I am not sure if the changer is malfunctioning, if there is a compatibility issue with my older Pioneer receiver, model VSX-401 or if I missed something in the instruction manual. Any insights to help fix this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks

RGA
02-05-2005, 04:12 PM
No there is no compatibility issue - you connect the rca jacks of the cd player to any amplifiers cd or AUX in jack and it should work.

When cd players get old sometimes they malfuntion and this is something pioneer is known for. My laserdisc player stopped being able to read the disks after a while.

Personally I would never buy a used cd digital device - cd players have a life expectancy of 7 years - good ones will last 10+ but most are not "good" And changers of all kinds were poor in the durability department which is why many stopped making them.

If you can return it I would and buy a new one. CD players today are very cheap - You can pick up a Sony 300 disc player for $150.00 --- I bought one for laughs and it's actually quite good.