Paradigm Studio vs. Monitor series? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paradigm Studio vs. Monitor series?

JamezHill
02-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Hey, I was wondering the main differences between say the Monitor 90P and the Studio 100's I see a few different characteristics. I think they were *roughly* around the same price, any input on them?

kexodusc
02-04-2005, 05:56 AM
The Studio's use far better drivers and stronger cabinet design. The 90P's have a subwoofer incorporated into them as well.
IMHO, a person would be far better off to buy the smaller bookshelf cousins of either of these speakers and add a subwoofer if so desired than to pay this kind of money for these speakers...They're not exactly the best values out there at those pricepoints...For some reason I thought the Studio 100's were alot more expensive, too.

JamezHill
02-04-2005, 06:55 AM
Yeah the studios are more money,i see websites where they are within a few hundred of each other. As soon as I posted this I answered most of my own questions. :) Thanks!

Wireworm5
02-04-2005, 07:14 AM
I find that my studio 100 v2 tweeter far superior to the monitor tweeter. It can play all the edge to Ritchie Blackmore's Limited Edition Fender Stratocastor and never sound harsh. I thought of replacing my monitor speakers with Studios just so I could have matched tweeters all around, someday perhaps. The monitors compliment my 100's very well, thank you, but they are simply outclassed by the 100's in all aspects.