The AR Awards!!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The AR Awards!!!!!

JSE
02-03-2005, 12:30 PM
With all the award shows on TV this time of year, I thought we might have some fun here at AR. Feel free to add any categories you deem appropriate. Just keep it nice. No biggest A-Hole Award. I'lL post mine a bit later.

This year's AR awards go to?

1. Most Knowledgeable
2. Wisest Member
3. Best Moderator
4. Oldest? (who do you think is the oldest in the forum)
5. Most Willing to Help
6. Grumpiest Member
7. Most Brand Biased
8. Funniest Member
9. Best Avatar
10. Most Eccentric Member

dean_martin
02-03-2005, 01:18 PM
This could be fun! I hope we get enough traffic here on the off topic board to make it interesting. I'm not prepared to make all my nominations at this time, but some are fairly obvious.

1. I might break down Most Knowledgeable into sub categories. My nomination for most knowledgeable regarding television sets is Woodman. I'm leaning toward hi-fi tommy for all things turntable-related, Woochifer for mastering and processing studio recordings for LP and cd and The Worfster for television shows and movies. Music is a tough call because there are so many folks at rave recordings who know quite a bit about all genres of music. I'll hold off on that one.
4. Woodman's probably the oldest. (He might be the grumpiest, especially when you question his tv recommendations, but I'm not quite ready to give him that award.)
7. RGA wins this hands down for pimpin' all things AN. Lord Magnepan was making a push, but all of a sudden he dropped his Maggies and changed his moniker to something that sounds like a floral arrangement. I think he's sold all he had and joined a commune; thus, Lord Magnepan or whatever he calls himself now might be my nomination for most eccentric.
9. Kaiser Sosze with the white van speakers has an interesting avatar, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to nominate him because it might say something about me. Some things should be appreciated without much discussion. My other finalist is probably JSE because I can't get enough of that Cartman - that probably reveals my level of maturity too.

cam
02-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Funniest member, I will nominate Kexodusc. A close second would be Da'Worfster. Actually Woodman can be quite funny for an old fart also.

topspeed
02-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Most Knowledgeable: Acoustic Engineering; Richard Green...Recording; SirTT...Hi-end; E-Stat...Video; Woodman...Room Acoustics; Wooch/E-stat (tie)

Best Moderator: Geoffcin

Oldest? I'm guessing Woodman

Grumpiest Member; Who was that a-hole who was finally banned? He always used large fonts and cussed like a sailor.

Most Brand Biased; RGA, in a landslide

Funniest Member; Jeskibuff or Kex

Best Avatar; they guy that has the mouse in the bosom

How 'bout these?

Most likely to lose their hearing before they're old enough to drink; This Guy

Most in denial; TLADINY/Lexmark/JohnBeresford

Most missed after the Great Exodus; Skeptic

Most likely to suffer from Audiophilia/Upgraditis; Lord Magnepan/Florian

piece-it pete
02-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Most tenacious: Sir TT

Most knowledgable/helpful/oldest curmudeon: Woodman