Red Hot Chili Peppers questions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Chili Peppers questions

Finch Platte
12-19-2003, 07:04 PM
A friend has professed his love for the Peppers, so, since I have all the albums (except the latest, By The Way) and a couple of EPs, I thought I'd make him a compilation. I'm assuming no one in here would want one (oh, but try me), but I'd like to know what your favorite RHCP songs are, to compare with my perception.

It's going to be chronological, so it will have some pretty primitive stuff on it (winky)

And is BTW worth getting?

Thanks,

fp

DarrenH
12-19-2003, 09:42 PM
Finchy,

My knowledge of the RHCP is very poor but here's what I like and is probably very mainstream. No matter, I'd like a copy anyway but it would be my hope that all of these tunes would be present.

Other Side
Under The Bridge
Higher Ground
Scar Tissue
Californication

TIA

Darren

Dusty Chalk
12-19-2003, 10:20 PM
"Show Me Your Soul" -- stylistically, it's a 80's King Crimson tribute of sorts. There's even a Fripp-ish guitar solo in it.

"Under the Bridge" never gets old, but you can hear that anywhere. It's their "Stairway to Heaven".

Haven't heard BTW, BTW.

tentoze
12-19-2003, 10:28 PM
A friend has professed his love for the Peppers, so, since I have all the albums (except the latest, By The Way) and a couple of EPs, I thought I'd make him a compilation. I'm assuming no one in here would want one (oh, but try me), but I'd like to know what your favorite RHCP songs are, to compare with my perception.

It's going to be chronological, so it will have some pretty primitive stuff on it (winky)

And is BTW worth getting?

Thanks,

fp

Finchy,

My all time favorites are...............

errr, well, nevermind, there aren't any.

;)

Finch Platte
12-20-2003, 04:07 AM
[QUOTE=Dusty Chalk]"Show Me Your Soul" -- stylistically, it's a 80's King Crimson tribute of sorts. There's even a Fripp-ish guitar solo in it.
QUOTE]

If so, could you put it on one of the discs you're making me?

TIA,

fp

nobody
12-20-2003, 01:22 PM
I nominate...

Catholic School Girls Rule
True Men Don't Kill Cyotes
&
Fight Like a Brave

If those make it, I'd be glad to have a copy. Hell, probably could use it anyway. Haven't listened to them in years and don''t have any of their stuff.

Dusty Chalk
12-20-2003, 02:51 PM
"Show Me Your Soul" -- stylistically, it's a 80's King Crimson tribute of sorts. There's even a Fripp-ish guitar solo in it.

If so, could you put it on one of the discs you're making me?

TIA,

fpIf I can find my copy of What? Hits!, I'll be happy to, but I don't have the Pretty Woman soundtrack. I was just going from memory.