MasterCylinder
02-01-2005, 06:26 AM
What a trip !

Literally.

Anyone ever listen to this stuff ?

BarryL
02-01-2005, 07:38 AM
What a trip !

I thought this was a great deal of fun when I first heard it a couple of years ago.

Troy
02-01-2005, 07:58 AM
Maybe I'd like it more if I was actually on LSD, but as it is with all the drug testing voice overs it treads into campy novelty territory. A lot of is is just too meandering and poorly defined. Might be my least favorite Porcupine Tree release.

Dusty Chalk
02-01-2005, 10:13 AM
I enjoyed it quite a bit. "Whoa!"

-Jar-
02-01-2005, 02:45 PM
Maybe I'd like it more if I was actually on LSD, but as it is with all the drug testing voice overs it treads into campy novelty territory. A lot of is is just too meandering and poorly defined. Might be my least favorite Porcupine Tree release.

I agree totally.

I don't have much Tree, but I really didn't dig this that much. I have tons more music that's way more trippy than this.

-jar

progfan
02-01-2005, 08:10 PM
I recall years ago, probably around '93 or '94, reading an old Laser's Edge catalog and Ken Golden described one Porc CD as an acid trip narrated by Dick Clark. Is this the one? Always wanted to hear it!

In general, I prefer the more modern Porcupine Tree to the home studio/lo fi stuff like "On the Sunday of Life" and "Up the Downstair" although those albums surely have their moments. I had never heard "Signify" until the recent remaster. Oh my!! This is great stuff!

Just curious: do the recent remasters mark a significant improvement over the Delirium issues of those early CDs?