Klisch SB-3 What are you thinking? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Klisch SB-3 What are you thinking?

alexperl
01-31-2005, 11:16 PM
Hello it is my second post here :)
I have little room 4x4m, Denon pma-655r amp.
I wanted to buy B&W 602 s3 bookshelf's but new i am considering Klisch SB-3 speakers.
The price where i am living (Israel :p ) is allmoust the same to both speakers.
I like my speaker to be very very Clean Even SHARP, i like speakers to be well heard at low wolliums and of course at high wolliums, and the mids are very important!! I whant to hear that the singer in in my room! :D that bas is not important to me.
Maybe some one in this forum have thouse speakers and can tell me if they similar to RB line? becouse i heard alot of RB line and i like them.If not what are the difference between?
Thank you..
Sorry for my bad English...

RGA
01-31-2005, 11:36 PM
The B&W is a better loudspeaker to me than the Klipsch. The SB series is a lot cheaper here. Even the Reference series standmount is $599.00 Cdn here sold at a drugstore,

midfiguy
02-01-2005, 04:41 AM
Hi Alex,

Are you not able to hear both? The only way you're going to know which one you like better is by hearing both yourself. Some people are going to like the Klipsch better while others will like the B&W more. Niether is "better" than the other since people have different tastes.

I would suggest trying to find a place that has both so you can hear on the same reciever/amp or better yet, but both bring them home, see which one sounds best on your system, and return the other. Even if you have to pay some kind of fee to return, it will be well worth it since you will end up with the speaker you like better.

BTW - From your description of the type of sound you like (sharp), I would think that you would like the Klipsch better because of the "sharp" highs.

Good luck!

Mark111867
02-01-2005, 06:17 AM
Hi Alex. I won't comment on the B&W, as I really don't have a great deal of experience with them. I have heard the speaker that you mentioned, but it was a while ago and to tell you the truth I really can't remember what I thought of them. As far as the Klipsch RB series go, since bass is not a driving factor in your decision, take a look at the RB-2 speaker if it is available to you. It is smaller than the RB-3, but in my opinion, it is much cleaner and more balanced than the RB-3. It will also save you some $$$ as well. By the nature of your post, it sounds like Klipsch might be a good match for you. Good luck with your purchase.

Worf101
02-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Hello it is my second post here :)
I have little room 4x4m, Denon pma-655r amp.
I wanted to buy B&W 602 s3 bookshelf's but new i am considering Klisch SB-3 speakers.
The price where i am living (Israel :p ) is allmoust the same to both speakers.
I like my speaker to be very very Clean Even SHARP, i like speakers to be well heard at low wolliums and of course at high wolliums, and the mids are very important!! I whant to hear that the singer in in my room! :D that bas is not important to me.
Maybe some one in this forum have thouse speakers and can tell me if they similar to RB line? becouse i heard alot of RB line and i like them.If not what are the difference between?
Thank you..
Sorry for my bad English...

I owned a pair of SB-3's some years ago. One of the finest bookshelf speakers I ever owned. It's horn tweet will give you the clarity you seek AND it's quite efficient as well. You say you don't care about bass however if you ever do you'll find the SB-3's more than fill the bill. I'm not familiar personally with the B&W 602's but I have used and listened to the Nautilus Series and I know that B&W also makes a superior product. Hear both if you can and then decide.

Da Worfster :o

alexperl
02-01-2005, 12:46 PM
I am really thankfull to you all!!
Thank you... :D :p