OT: Go see this movie [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OT: Go see this movie

ForeverAutumn
12-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Yesterday, a couple of co-workers and I skipped out of the office an hour early and went to see Stuck On You. This is a Farrelly Brothers movie (Dumb and Dumber; There's Something About Mary; Kingpin) and it was hilarious!

The movie starred Matt Damon and Greg Kinnear, both kind of hokey actors (although I really liked Damon in The Talented Mr. Ripley), so I wasn't really expecting much. Well, I was very pleasantly surprised to find that they were both really funny and were able to pull off what is an excellent script.

I don't want to give anything away. But I will say that it has been a long time since I've seen a movie where I laughed that much. Go see it!

Next Tuesday we're sneaking out to see Bad Santa. Seems like a good Eve of Christmas Eve thing to do. :D

JSE
12-19-2003, 01:38 PM
Some of the critics have been slamming it but you know how critics are. It looks hilarious fromt he previews. I will definitely go see it now.

Thanks for the review.

JSE

DarrenH
12-19-2003, 01:51 PM
I'll probably wait and rent the DVD. Dumb and Dumber was hilarious though.

We're going to see The Return of the King on Monday. I can't wait. I just love this Tolkien trilogy. And seeing it on film has been simply awesome.

Darren

Troy
12-19-2003, 04:17 PM
Fair warning:

Bad Santa is the most over the top, gratuitously grotesque movie I've ever seen. It's truly hillarious, but it has potential to seriously offend.

DarrenH
12-19-2003, 04:31 PM
I seriously want to check out that movie. Seeing the teasers on TV had me laughing and I could instantly tell that this wasn't gonna be a family type thing. I'll probably rent the DVD when it becomes available.

Darren

ForeverAutumn
12-20-2003, 05:44 AM
Fair warning:

Bad Santa is the most over the top, gratuitously grotesque movie I've ever seen. It's truly hillarious, but it has potential to seriously offend.

Thanks for the warning Troy. One of my co-workers was going to bring her 13-yr-old daughter along. Should I advise her against it?

Troy
12-20-2003, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the warning Troy. One of my co-workers was going to bring her 13-yr-old daughter along. Should I advise her against it?

Yes! There are gratuitous references to anal sex, drug and liquor abuse, santa fetishists and laxitive addicts.

I would imagine that many 13 year olds would LOVE it, but a parent bringing them would probably be made very uncomfortable about it.

joel2762
12-21-2003, 02:44 PM
Hey i'm 13 :p Guess I won't be seein' that movie! Anyway i'm gona check out Stuck On You this tuesday hopefully! looks good anyhow!

joel2762
12-23-2003, 01:15 PM
Just got in from seeing Stuck On You! Very awsome! go see it!

Snowbunny
12-23-2003, 02:00 PM
Just got in from seeing Stuck On You! Very awsome! go see it!

Hi joel2762,

Hey, Forever Autumn (from Ontario) and I (from B.C.) were talking about you in another post because neither of us remember which province St. John's with the apostrophe was in. :eek:

I hope you're getting a better education in Canadian geography than we did. Unless, of course, you live in St. John's, Mississippi or sumpin'. :o

joel2762
12-24-2003, 05:30 AM
Ha yep, The one with the apostrophe is in Newfoundland!

ForeverAutumn
12-24-2003, 06:57 AM
Ha yep, The one with the apostrophe is in Newfoundland!

Well it's great to have another Canuck around here. These America folks do some strange things. Like, they celebrate Canada Day on July 4 instead of July 1. And they celebrate Thanksgiving in November when we all know that it's meant to be celebrated in October. It seems that they follow behind just a little. I think that they're all just really Canadian Wannabes. ;)

My other post (where we discussed St. John's) talked about having a beer and humming the Hockey Night in Canada Theme. But it looks like we're going to have to replace that beer with some Newfoundland Screech. :eek: Except for you Joel. Given your age, you can have a big shot of chocolate milk. :p

joel2762
12-24-2003, 12:46 PM
Haha. Right on, chocolate milk sounds great :D

Chip_B
12-24-2003, 07:06 PM
I'll probably wait and rent the DVD. Dumb and Dumber was hilarious though.

We're going to see The Return of the King on Monday. I can't wait. I just love this Tolkien trilogy. And seeing it on film has been simply awesome.

Darren

What an incredible film! The only downside is that the series is now complete and I won't have any more films (unless Jackson decides to make 'The Hobbit') to anticipate that will likely ever equal these. The Return of the King surpasses even the first two films; truly a <i>grand</i> finale. It just saddens me that the story has come to an end. I felt this sense of loss even more intensely after I finished reading the trilogy eons ago.