Yamaha HTR-5560 question [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha HTR-5560 question

swgiust
01-31-2005, 06:37 AM
Helping calibrate a system this weekend. Had trouble finding the speaker level adjustments on a Yamaha HTR-5560 reciever. I could adjust the center and the
surrounds, but could not find the mains. The right main is down almost 5db from
the left. Am I missing something or is this reciever not able to adjust the level on
the left and right mains?

Thanks for any help!!

bargainseeker
01-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Helping calibrate a system this weekend. Had trouble finding the speaker level adjustments on a Yamaha HTR-5560 reciever. I could adjust the center and the
surrounds, but could not find the mains. The right main is down almost 5db from
the left. Am I missing something or is this reciever not able to adjust the level on
the left and right mains?I believe I had to use the balance control to adjust the level between the left and right mains on a Yamaha receiver that I set up a while ago. Check your user manual for what the balance control does on your receiver.

kexodusc
01-31-2005, 11:49 AM
Hmm, yeah, the ol' analog balance control (which I always preferred, but isn't practical for a 5 or 7 channel system). I believe bargainseeker is right, my RX-V795a had one of those...

One thing I hate about digital precision is the lack of physical contact/interaction with the gear.
It's just not the same...

swgiust
01-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Guys, appreciate the help. I am concerned that using the balance will shift the
imaging. Is it really doing the same thing as individual level controls would do?
If so, great, it's an easy solution.

kexodusc
01-31-2005, 12:21 PM
If memory serves, didn't the older Yammies use an analog dial attached to digital circuitry/processing for the front main speaker balance?
Either way, it shouldn't affect your imaging, but it will require you to match the mains first, then level match the other speakers after.
Good luck.