quad phono cart??? at12sa [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : quad phono cart??? at12sa

travk13
01-30-2005, 08:44 PM
i have a spare cart and it is a at12sa .. when looking up a stylus for it it directs me to quad 201 dqx... shabata stylus .. now i use a technics 1800... i am using a at/ vs220e with a 200-det stylus .. is it best for me to sell the at12sa off or i have read that u can use the quads in stereo.. ??? i have no quad pre amp etc.. . i love my mfsl lps and want to get the most out of em without dropping 300 on a cart and 100 on stylus ..(ortofon) at 's have been good to me .. and this at12sa is in traywith parts unused ... i sont know if anyone would be looking for one .. can not find one on net anywhere for sale .. :rolleyes:

dean_martin
01-31-2005, 09:20 AM
Not sure of the "gist" of your post, but if you're thinking of selling the quad cart., I might be interested. Just last night I was talking classic audio with my old high school band director. In the 70's, he had a JVC quad receiver he had to get rid of because it always ran too hot. He replaced it with a Marantz 2270 in 1976 and still uses it today. He has several quad lps that he hasn't listenend to in years and he's looking for some quad pieces. He said he used to have a unit that would allow you to chain 2 stereo receivers together to make use of the quad technology - a quad processor I guess.

travk13
01-31-2005, 08:20 PM
Not sure of the "gist" of your post, but if you're thinking of selling the quad cart., I might be interested. Just last night I was talking classic audio with my old high school band director. In the 70's, he had a JVC quad receiver he had to get rid of because it always ran too hot. He replaced it with a Marantz 2270 in 1976 and still uses it today. He has several quad lps that he hasn't listenend to in years and he's looking for some quad pieces. He said he used to have a unit that would allow you to chain 2 stereo receivers together to make use of the quad technology - a quad processor I guess.
i was fishing for info to see if it would be better running this cart in a stereo set up due to the surface connection the shabata works .. i have found stylus' for 33 us at one site .. shabata for this cart .. most sites they are 59 +... if you know a value or have info would be aprieciated .. the cart i cant even find retail on .. never seen sold either.. travk13@yahoo can send pics if needed for info etc

travk13
01-31-2005, 08:22 PM
also if not useful in stereo yes i would sell