Saturday afternoon with Sam Adams and Vetiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Saturday afternoon with Sam Adams and Vetiver

Davey
01-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Boston Lager and the band from San Francisco. Pretty nice combo on what is shaping up to be a beautiful Bay Area weekend. Gotta say that some of the beer afficianados that post around here got me to make a little bit of an adjustment in my opinion of Sam Adams and it has become one of my favorites as of late. And combined with a well connected Bay Area musician by the name of Andy Cabic on his Vetiver debut, it's turned into a very nice day indeedy. Cabic really assembled an all star lineup to play on this record. Recent indie darling Joanna Newsom plays harp on "Amerilie", Mazzy Star chanteuse Hope Sandoval sings on "Angels' Share", and My Bloody Valentine drummer Colm O'Ciosoig plays on "Luna Sea" and "On a Nerve." And of course, the pied piper of the new freak folk explosion, Devendra Banhart, makes his eclectic presence felt on one of their best songs "Amour Fou", one of two songs Banhart co-wrote with Cabic. I like this one a lot. Just about time for a new bottle of beer and another listen. So tell me what you got cookin' today and I'll catch you on the other side ;)

Jim Clark
01-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Chili is on the stove as we await the Kansas game tonight. Also got some lossless bootlegs being d/l'd from various sources. Some Arcade Fire, B-52's, Moz, and Snow Patrol. Not many seeders so it's taking a real long time.

jc

Hyfi
01-29-2005, 03:42 PM
For me it's River Horse- "TRIP3L HORSE" with some aged Lynrd Skynrd One More From The Road. Waiting on more snow for Sunday....still have most of last weeks 15".

DarrenH
01-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Without the lime.

Listening to Miles Davis' Cookin' at the moment. Been in a jazz mood this afternoon and evening. Up next? Haven't decided yet. Maybe some more Miles. Steamin' is lookin' good at the moment.

Darren

Hyfi
01-30-2005, 05:21 AM
Explain the Sugar Cane beverage please.........Got some real nice Fairport Convention spinning right now. ;)

Hyfi

Jim Clark
01-30-2005, 07:16 AM
Explain the Sugar Cane beverage please.........Got some real nice Fairport Convention spinning right now. ;)

Hyfi

I'm thinking Rum.

jc

Hyfi
01-30-2005, 11:29 AM
I'm thinking Rum.

jc

and here I was thinking more on the lines of Moonshine type products. Silly me!

MindGoneHaywire
01-30-2005, 01:16 PM
I can't really drink much of the good stuff anymore so I stick to light versions of already light & watery American Pilseners, but I did invest in a six-pack of Harpoon's Winter Warmer. Tasty grog! Do you really like the Sam Adams Lager? Never liked the stuff. Ever compare it with New Amsterdam Amber or Brooklyn Brown Ale? Saranac makes a nice black & tan, too. But while I've always liked the other Samuel Adams products, their main beer never did it for me.

Davey
01-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Do you really like the Sam Adams Lager? Never liked the stuff. Ever compare it with New Amsterdam Amber or Brooklyn Brown Ale? Saranac makes a nice black & tan, too. But while I've always liked the other Samuel Adams products, their main beer never did it for me.
Well like I said, it's been kind of a recent development. And the $9.99 per 12-pack that it's often on sale for around here is a big incentive to like it as well. Don't know if you recall the Boston guy toady that posted here for a brief time last year, but he was a big fan and got me to give it another try because I didn't care all that much for it myself at the time. We had a lot of common musical interests. Good luck on the move. I'm kind of embarrased to admit it, but I still have most of my belongings down in Arizona. Moving can be kind of traumatic, even if you've done it as often as me. Never fun.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showpost.php?p=34110&postcount=11