Boston Acoustic SW10 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Boston Acoustic SW10

Mark4583
01-27-2005, 07:13 AM
I was given the Sub several years ago, it works but the Speaker is tore up.
Any one have some information on this as far as Watts and the rest of the specs?
Think it would be worth replacing the speaker?

RGA
01-27-2005, 11:47 AM
This was a highly rated subwoofer - and I happened to own it for a while. I can;t give you any info because I can't remember the numbers - I would e-mail Boston Acoustics directly and they should still have back brochures they can mail you.

I never felt it produced a lot of bass response - my speakers soudned much better on their own creating stereo than being replaced with one sub which then is mono. If your speakers don't have much bass then the SW 10 might be pretty good and worth the fix. But the sub is circa 1994 and subs supposedly have come a fair ways since then.

Mark4583
01-27-2005, 02:49 PM
Boston just e-mailed me back with a replacement part no# with no spec, $125.00, I think its a 100watt, weigh's a ton.

RGA
01-27-2005, 09:16 PM
You're telling me - I carried it two blocks - damn thing was something like 55-65lbs. And 400 by the second block. You can also run it as a passive sub as I recall so if you have a big powerhouse amp that might work better as well.

Mark4583
01-28-2005, 08:36 AM
Think what im going to do, is since the box and all is kinda gnarled up,( I dont know why someone would spend $600 on a sub and then kick it around like that) So I will probaly buy another driver for it and build a new box and use the electronics from it. Might be able to get a real nice driver and end up with a kick ass sub.