please help! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : please help!

anto68
01-26-2005, 01:30 PM
Hi all! This might be confusing, but I really need advice, so please bear with me...
I currently have a simple Pioneer Home Theater system where the only way to add an external audio source is through a digital coaxial PCM input. The 5.1 speakers are connected to the system through the usual push-release connectors.
To view my european DVDs, I just bought another DVD player with DD decoding (6 RCA connectors) and also a DD/DTS digital coaxial output that I guess won't work with the PCM-only digital coaxial input in my Pioneer.
Now, I want to be able to share the 6 Pioneer speakers with the new DVD player.
The only way I can think of is to use speaker wires with RCA plugs at one end (into the new player) and "free wires" at the other end (connected to the rear of the Pioneer, where the speakers are connected).
Am I going to destroy my system?
What other alternatives are there?

Thanks a lot!

anto68
01-27-2005, 07:45 AM
I've been explained that the proposed hook-up would barbeque the system. OK.
Now, does anybody know if there is a switch/selector that will accept 5.1 analog input (the 6 cables that are supposed to go to the speakers) from the two sources and send it to my common speakers?

bargainseeker
01-27-2005, 08:06 AM
I've been explained that the proposed hook-up would barbeque the system. OK.
Now, does anybody know if there is a switch/selector that will accept 5.1 analog input (the 6 cables that are supposed to go to the speakers) from the two sources and send it to my common speakers?I have already answered your question in the Home Theater forum.