Speaker selector info/help? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker selector info/help?

rob7
01-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Don't know if this has been covered. I can only pop onto this site occasionally. I was wondering if anyone had any info on speaker selectors. Some say they can handle 100 watts RMS, some more. I was looking for a 4 zone/separate speaker pair selector. Do the selectors take away from/add to the sound? Anyone have any input/recommendations on these selectors? Speakercraft seems to have some nice ones.

Also, I was looking to use infrared remote sensors in a couple of the rooms to run the receiver from the entertainment center with the speaker selector channeling into whatever room I am in. I would also appreciate any information I can get about these. Again, Speakercraft seems to have a nice set-up with the IR path ( I think that's what it's called).

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Rob7

rob7
01-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Trying to get the questions in too fast. Those interested could probably use a few more details in regard to the first post.

I have a Sony DA5ES receiver and Monitor Audio Silver S8s as mains for the main room. Looking to get ceiling speakers installed in a new house being built right now for HT. I was looking for some suggestions so I can try and get it all wired before the walls get done.

Don't know if this set up will work. Receiver mains to CA Azur 640 Integrated Amp (future purchase). 1st speaker set from CA to living room mains S8s. 2nd speaker set from CA to speaker selector. 1 pair of speakers each to patio, master bed, and garage area to be put to game room use in future. I do not have the speakers for the patio, bed or garage yet. Possibly some mid to high end bookshelves for the bed and something less extravagant for the others. The speakers from the selector will be used for music only, no HT.

Will the CA Integrated be well-mated with the MA S8s? Am I on track with the rest of the set-up? Not exactly an expert in the field--see Sony above. Just trying to get a feel for something workable to start getting into the house before it's done.

Sorry such a long post. I'm hoping this info helped for those who may be able to help me. Still looking for suggestion on topics in first post along with these. I appreciate the help.

Rob7