CD buying at Overstcok.com [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CD buying at Overstcok.com

Davey
01-23-2005, 10:44 AM
Anyone else shopped there for CDs? I just placed an order this morning and most of their prices are pretty good. Better than deepdiscount, anyway. And very reasonable shipping at $2.95 per order for 3 or more CDs. Anyway, I was able to also use a $5 discount code so got 7 CDs for ....

Subtotal: $68.62
Order Discount: $5.00
Shipping: $2.95
Taxes: $0.00
Total: $66.57

Cool. They do have a pretty good selection. Got the new Lockgroove (been a long time since I raved about Sleeping On the Elephant Fog and I guess this one goes off in a more pop oriented direction, losing some of those long droney excursions that most people don't like that much anyway), and the other two Fiery Furnaces releases before and after Blueberry, and the latest Interpol (heard "Evil" on the radio yesterday and couldn't resist - what a great sound they have), and one of the Pixies remasters that I didn't have already since it was probably less than I could buy it used, and a couple other older things. Guess I was kind of bad. Plus I ordered a couple UK imports yesterday and the new Mercury Rev a couple days ago. Yikes, guess I'm done with my post-Christmas buying binge for awhile!

Joseph Arthur in the room right now and sounding pretty damn good. Maybe everybody is right about this, cheesy synths and drum machines and all that don't mean a hoot when the music is so freekin good ;)

Chrisgnat
01-23-2005, 11:53 AM
Overstock's pretty good, but check out www.alldirect.com
Best CD prices on the net! Good selection, also.

Davey
01-23-2005, 12:34 PM
Overstock's pretty good, but check out www.alldirect.com
Best CD prices on the net! Good selection, also.
Yeah, they do have the best prices. In this case though, the order would have cost a few dollars more because of their high shipping cost and because of the $5 discount at overstock.com. But normally you're right, they're the place, unless what you want is new. They sometimes don't get new stuff for quite awhile, but they do seem to be getting much better in that regard too.

I have bought quite a bit from them in the past but thanks for the info and welcome to Rave Recs! Good to see you and hope you post a lot. There's quite a few big progheads around here :)