Newbie need help in choosing a surround back speakers and additional fronts [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Newbie need help in choosing a surround back speakers and additional fronts

dazz888
01-20-2005, 12:21 PM
Hi! Newbie here, well actually more like a long time lurker :). I need all of your assistance in helping me to appropriately choosing a surround back speaker and additional fronts. As far as the max budget goes, I'm thinking $600 for all and preferebly Polk. These are to complement my antiquated, but trusty, Denon 2802 :). Just a little bit about my system:
- Denon 2802
- Polk RM series (forgot its model #)
- Polk PWS 250

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-L

ps. For fronts, I'm thinking floor standing. What do you guys think?

bargainseeker
01-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Hi! Newbie here, well actually more like a long time lurker :). I need all of your assistance in helping me to appropriately choosing a surround back speaker and additional fronts. As far as the max budget goes, I'm thinking $600 for all and preferebly Polk. These are to complement my antiquated, but trusty, Denon 2802 :). Just a little bit about my system:
- Denon 2802
- Polk RM series (forgot its model #)
- Polk PWS 250

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-L

ps. For fronts, I'm thinking floor standing. What do you guys think?I'd like to help you but I am puzzled by your question. What is your intended use of your current Polk speakers? As center, rears and subwoofer? Also, if you know up front that you want an all Polk system, why not just go to a store that sells Polk, audition their speakers and make your choice?

dazz888
01-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Sorry :(. My current are all polks for center, fronts and rears, along with subs. I did went to a store which sells polk but I just need opinion which model is preferable, etc

bargainseeker
01-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Sorry :(. My current are all polks for center, fronts and rears, along with subs. I did went to a store which sells polk but I just need opinion which model is preferable, etcOK. I think your best bet is to browse these user reviews of Polk speakers (http://www.audioreview.com/Polk+Audio/MCL_1381crx.aspx). Most Polk speaker models have quite a few reviews by people who own them or have heard them.

dazz888
01-20-2005, 06:51 PM

dazz888
01-24-2005, 11:16 AM
OK. I think your best bet is to browse these user reviews of Polk speakers (http://www.audioreview.com/Polk+Audio/MCL_1381crx.aspx). Most Polk speaker models have quite a few reviews by people who own them or have heard them.
Hi! :)

I bought a set of Rti8 and one Csi3 last night :). I really appreciate your help in directing me to the review link :).