Fluance can-o-worms [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fluance can-o-worms

cubdog
01-20-2005, 09:42 AM
Have any of the Fluance Speaker critics actually listened to their products or examined the construction or component quality? I recently purchased a pair of the AV-BP2 surrounds. Figured it was worth a $100.00 gamble. I honestly did not expect much from them but have been plesantly surprised. Addmittedly I am not the most discriminating listener but I find them to be a fine value. Maybe I have not heard enough quality speaker to know the difference. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, cubdog

markw
01-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder the way you are asking for feedback.

You bought 'em and you like 'em. I'm glad.

Granted, most of us don't expect much for $100 but when a bargain happens, that's reason to celebrate. Expectations become more exacting the more one spends.

Others HAVE heard 'em, maybe not that model; for that price, and their opinions differed from yours. Simple as that.

Kpt_Krunch
01-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Hey cubdog - glad you like them. I recently heard another on-line speaker only brand that gets mostly nothing but positive reviews. Easily, these were by far the WORST speakers I had ever heard in my LIFE!! I'm not exagerating either. Makes me go hmmmmmm. My guess is the Fluance people don't put a lot of time or effort in promoting their speakers on line (like paying people to post good things about them). You took a chance and were happy, I took a chance on yet another line of on-line speakers, and am estatic! And you know what, you don't hear a lof things (good or bad) about the speakers I chose either.

Speaker are very subjective, and I have read more positives than negative about Fluance. It's just that I don't see them mentioned very often (hmmmmmmm). If you like them, and they offer a full money back guarantee, then maybe you should get even more expensive speakers from them (if you want a complete upgrade). You never know, you may have found the next REAL internet gem out there.

Congrats on your find!!!!

WAF!
01-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Have any of the Fluance Speaker critics actually listened to their products or examined the construction or component quality? I recently purchased a pair of the AV-BP2 surrounds. Figured it was worth a $100.00 gamble. I honestly did not expect much from them but have been plesantly surprised. Addmittedly I am not the most discriminating listener but I find them to be a fine value. Maybe I have not heard enough quality speaker to know the difference. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, cubdog

I have never heard the fluance but I have a similiar situation as yours.You can get away with a different brand of speakers as surrounds. Not the best alternative but certainly not a bad alternative. Mutli channel may not be the best but it certainly is better than no surrounds at all! Not much goes on back there to make it a critical difference if tonality is somewhat different. Just my two cents although many may disagree.

The matching surrounds for my front 3 would not work in my family room according to my significant other.

Worf101
01-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Friend here at work bought one of their HT packages without consulting me or anyone else with a little knowledge. He got em off ebay. Thought he'd done something smart. I paired his system down to just the mains and then did a side by side with a 20 plus year old set of Epicure 15's. Superior mids and clarity, superb articulation from that inverted dome tweet. His mains sounded just this side of a set of bose cubes. So I heard, didn't like em, don't like em. I don't go out of my way to bash them but if someone asks I tell them.

Da Worfster :o