speaker help i guess [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : speaker help i guess

mrstains
01-18-2005, 10:03 PM
hello everyone i have a question and looking for some good advise. im more into home theater well i love music too but since i rent i listen to movies, dont want to get kicked out of the place. any ways i have so klipsch ksb 1.1( i know on the old side) i had them when i had the yahama then i upgrade and now i have the denon 1803. I love the Denon and yahama but the sound is a little bright. so i think its the speakers. Well i see on this site these internet speaker companies and im willing to give them a try.
heres the help part, Ive read good things about ascend, onix elt, and the other one, aperion i think. anyways if someone has a denon or martnez or yahama and they have these speakers please shed some light on my dark cloud.
oh yeah can i also get a little help on these frequency response graphs because they are just a tad bit confusing. Thank you for the help

midfiguy
01-19-2005, 04:16 AM
Hey Mr Stains,

Yes, Klipsch speakers are going to be bright compared to a lot of speakers out there, because they have horn tweeters. Some people like this sound, some do not. However, that being said, you can look at the internet companies but it will be hard to tell if you like them until you hear them. Have you also considered:

B&W
Infinity
PSB
Boston Acoustics
Paradigm

and others? I'm not trying to drive you away from the internet companies, just making sure you try you other alternatives as well incase you like a speaker you see/hear in a store.

I wouldn't give TOO much importance to the frequency response of a speaker as what's much more important is how it sounds, not how it performs on paper. There are some speakers out there that look great on paper, but don't sound all that great, and vice-versa, so trust your ears, not the speakers.

Good luck!

Silver Fox
01-19-2005, 10:10 AM
I think the best advice anyone can give you on speakers is to listen to them and let your
ears decide which one to buy, Remember your the one who is goning to listen to them,
Nobody else has to listen to them but you,

Silver Fox

mrstains
01-19-2005, 05:00 PM
I think the best advice anyone can give you on speakers is to listen to them and let your
ears decide which one to buy, Remember your the one who is goning to listen to them,
Nobody else has to listen to them but you,

Silver Fox

Thankyou for the advice. and i remeber when the denon 3802 was out and i listen to them with a b&w not sure which model it was, it had those woofers that were made from bullit proffing material. any way they sounded bright then, but i might have to find a dealer in my area to listen to the b&w, everyone raves about them on here.