How do you rate Snell Type J/mkIII [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : How do you rate Snell Type J/mkIII

hi5
01-18-2005, 07:16 AM
Guys,

Have you heard Snell Type J/MKIII. Anyone of you familiar with this spks?. Would appreciate if you could post your experience on this

TQ

jwh917
01-18-2005, 08:20 AM
Guys,

Have you heard Snell Type J/MKIII. Anyone of you familiar with this spks?. Would appreciate if you could post your experience on this

TQ
I have had Snell speakers for 8 years and they are my favorite speaker period.I have K-III bookshelves in my bedroom and Snell QBX series for my home theatre.They have a rightness of sound that i find lacking in most other speakers.In all the comparative models they have produced i thought they were much better than say Paradigm or B&W.But you have to listen for yourself. They have a dynamic rightness that with the right ampification is stunning.Some say their older models as the ones you asked about are better;but i disagree as i have models from both periods of production.They are a smaller company that never advertised their products much;were purchased a few years ago by Boston Acoustics but still maintain their own R&D as far as i know.Give them a try;i'll bet you won't be dissapointed.