Monitor Audio S8 vs. G20? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Audio S8 vs. G20?

MusicLG
01-17-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm in the process of replacing my stereo system. I just purchased a Yamaha RXV 2500 receiver and I'm interested in Monitor Audio speakers. I listen to rock, jazz, new age...and lots of Tangerine Dream. I auditioned both the MA S8 and G60 (too expensive for me...although they brought tears to my eyes at the end of Guns N' Roses November Rain). I also want to listen to the G20's. Anyone have any experience with these? I'm wondering whether it's worth the money to upgrade to the G series? Thanks. :confused:

andy13
01-17-2005, 07:17 PM
I own a pair of Monitor Audio S6 speakers. My room is 11x14. These speakers are extremely detailed and the bass in my room is plenty. The S8 must be a killer. I run them with an integrated from Krell (KAV-400x1) The sound is uinbelievable.

MusicLG
01-18-2005, 06:35 AM
I own a pair of Monitor Audio S6 speakers. My room is 11x14. These speakers are extremely detailed and the bass in my room is plenty. The S8 must be a killer. I run them with an integrated from Krell (KAV-400x1) The sound is uinbelievable.

Have you heard the Gold Series yet? Hope you have a strong heart...they are positively unbelievable. I almost wish I never heard them...I would have been happy with the S8's, until I ventured into the high end room at the electronics boutique...now I'm unsure if I should buy them or send my son to college! Do you run your S6's with a sub?