Ready for my first expensive speaker purchase [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ready for my first expensive speaker purchase

smooth
01-17-2005, 04:33 PM
Well, I've always broken the cardinal rule about speaker purchases (high priced components and cheap speakers) because I could never bring myself to part with the cash I necessary for the speakers I wanted.

Now, however, my wife is a classical and jazz singer, and I would like to give her a treat. She doesn't have any idea what a stereo can do. I can only convince her to let me part with about $2,000 USD. So I have to start with the mains and then go from there over time.

I started to look at paradigms but haven't yet found a small shop in my area (Southern California, Orange County). I did find another brand I am interested in hearing about after speaking with the owner: dynaudio.

We listen primarily to jazz, classical, classic rock, and rap. On the last two genres, we can just pump the bass. But excellent fidelity is critical to us for the first two. We want to do our homework bathed in rich, warm, soothing tones. I have been looking at the Audience 72SE, 82, and Contour 1.3 Mark 2.

The owner is telling me that all three are around the same price range (the 82's are demo with ~20% off). The 1.3's are silver finished. He said something about them being a special order, once they are gone they are gone. He also said that they will put the audiences to shame.

I like the look of the floorstanding models, but I'm hoping someone will have some input our decision. We will audition them on Friday. Bass is not so important, we feel we can add subs if bass isn't enough. We live in an apartment complex, our living room is 14'x19'. Also, smooth and clear midrange is more important to us than boomy bass.

We primarily listen to music, but we would like to enjoy the weekly movie.

Thank you for your help in this and any ideas you can give us.

shokhead
01-17-2005, 04:59 PM
Check out some B&W's.

smooth
01-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Check out some B&W's.

Thank you. I will do that.

I should have been more clear in my question, however: one of the main things I would like to know is the difference between the 72SE, 82, and Mark 2's.

Does newer necessarily mean better? so, for example, are the 72SE's better than the 82 since I can have them for approx. the same price?

Since this is our first nice speaker purchase, listening to them may help us decide, but I also may inadvertantly pick a speaker that sounds closer to my KLH $200 dollar specials since that isthe quality I've listened to my whole life.

So at issue is that I can have the 82s for a demo price. or the 72se's or the contour 1.3 mark 2's at a special price since they are silver finish or something. Now, the 72SE's I read have a number of contour parts in them. Does this pretty much guarantees that they'll have better sound than the audience components in the 82s?

And what are the pros and cons of grabbing the Mark 2's over the 72SEs?

NickWH
01-17-2005, 05:42 PM
To my knowledge the Contour 1.3 MkII is no longer in production. I would have my doubts about it "putting the Audience line to shame." The improvement may not be in proportion to the increased cost. The exception to this is probably the Special 25.

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the Dynaudio models you have listed. Just keep in mind that you will need some serious amplification, and source components will be critical to the final outcome. Also keep in mind the size of your room. The Audience 82's will probably overpower it, it's a pretty big speaker. Most Dynaudio speakers like to be out away from room boundaries as well.

It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. Just audition them all and try to decide what fits your room and budget the best. Definitely add the Audience 52 SE to your audition list (uses many components from the Contour 1.3 MkII at a much lower price, but then your dealer should know this.).

http://www.dynaudiousa.com/products/audience/52se/aud52se.htm

NickWH
01-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Does newer necessarily mean better? so, for example, are the 72SE's better than the 82 since I can have them for approx. the same price?

No.

Since this is our first nice speaker purchase, listening to them may help us decide, but I also may inadvertantly pick a speaker that sounds closer to my KLH $200 dollar specials since that isthe quality I've listened to my whole life.

None of these speakers are going to sound anything even remotely like KLH.

So at issue is that I can have the 82s for a demo price. or the 72se's or the contour 1.3 mark 2's at a special price since they are silver finish or something. Now, the 72SE's I read have a number of contour parts in them. Does this pretty much guarantees that they'll have better sound than the audience components in the 82s?

I'm not one to really care too much about the finish. Pick the speaker that YOU like the best based upon the SOUND. The 72 SE borrows components from the now out of production Contour 1.8 MkII. I haven't heard nor read any reviews on this speaker, but I do know that the regular 72 is probably the least successful speaker from the Audience line. Bottom line, there are no guarantees.

Again, audition the Audience 52 SE. For $1400, I think you will really like it.

smooth
01-17-2005, 05:59 PM
To my knowledge the Contour 1.3 MkII is no longer in production. I would have my doubts about it "putting the Audience line to shame." The improvement may not be in proportion to the increased cost. The exception to this is probably the Special 25.

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the Dynaudio models you have listed. Just keep in mind that you will need some serious amplification, and source components will be critical to the final outcome. Also keep in mind the size of your room. The Audience 82's will probably overpower it, it's a pretty big speaker. Most Dynaudio speakers like to be out away from room boundaries as well.

It sounds like you are headed in the right direction. Just audition them all and try to decide what fits your room and budget the best. Definitely add the Audience 52 SE to your audition list (uses many components from the Contour 1.3 MkII at a much lower price, but then your dealer should know this.).

http://www.dynaudiousa.com/products/audience/52se/aud52se.htm

Thank you very much Nick.

One of the problems I anticipate is that we live in a fairly small complex. I don't want to drown my neighbors. But I also only want to make a single purchase in the near future. Once we leave this place in a few years, we will be moving into a larger home. So I was thinking the 72SE gives me some good compromise. The dealer may not have said "put to shame" but he was really selling on the contours. One quote I did remember him saying was that the 72SE and 82 would be a choice between bigger or better sound.

Could someone please tell me what reasons I would want a stand speaker instead of a floor speaker, or vice versa? I would appreciate that distinction.

NickWH
01-17-2005, 06:08 PM
Could someone please tell me what reasons I would want a stand speaker instead of a floor speaker, or vice versa? I would appreciate that distinction.

Standmounts are usually associated with better imaging, cleaner midrange performance, fast mid-bass, but at the cost of deep bass. They require the added cost of good speaker stands, but are more flexible with placement and obviously are much less obtrustive in the room.

Tower speakers, having bigger cabinets and bigger and /or more drivers will have an advantage in the deep bass department. Good towers can also do midrange and imaging very well (Dynaudio is in this category).

In either case, these speakers will need to be out around 2 - 3 feet away from the back and sides of the room. They will also require at least 50 quality watts per channel for the standmounts and upwards of 100 watts per channel for the towers. Preferrably double these numbers.

Given your desire for absolute accuracy over bass exaggeration, I think you are better off with standmounts now and adding a subwoofer later if you desire when you have a larger room to work with.

Pat D
01-17-2005, 06:23 PM
Well, I've always broken the cardinal rule about speaker purchases (high priced components and cheap speakers) because I could never bring myself to part with the cash I necessary for the speakers I wanted.

Now, however, my wife is a classical and jazz singer, and I would like to give her a treat. She doesn't have any idea what a stereo can do. I can only convince her to let me part with about $2,000 USD. So I have to start with the mains and then go from there over time.

I started to look at paradigms but haven't yet found a small shop in my area (Southern California, Orange County). I did find another brand I am interested in hearing about after speaking with the owner: dynaudio.

We listen primarily to jazz, classical, classic rock, and rap. On the last two genres, we can just pump the bass. But excellent fidelity is critical to us for the first two. We want to do our homework bathed in rich, warm, soothing tones. I have been looking at the Audience 72SE, 82, and Contour 1.3 Mark 2.

The owner is telling me that all three are around the same price range (the 82's are demo with ~20% off). The 1.3's are silver finished. He said something about them being a special order, once they are gone they are gone. He also said that they will put the audiences to shame.

I like the look of the floorstanding models, but I'm hoping someone will have some input our decision. We will audition them on Friday. Bass is not so important, we feel we can add subs if bass isn't enough. We live in an apartment complex, our living room is 14'x19'. Also, smooth and clear midrange is more important to us than boomy bass.

With expensive components, I assume you have a reasonably powerful amplifier which can drive fairly low impedance loads. The Dynaudios seem to be mostly 4 ohm speakers with moderately low voltage sensitivity. I haven't heard any Dynaudios but they do have an excellent reputation and such reviews as I have read indicate they measure very well. Anyway, they should work well with a good amplifier.

The Paradigm Reference Series are always very good on voices. They tend to be a little more sensitive and their minimum impedance tends to be a little higher, too. I have heard some minor colorations on orchestral material but they are quite good speakers and image very well. The most recent I have heard was the Studio 40, v. 3, which should do nicely in a room your size.

I myself own PSB Stratus Minis which I find to be very neutral and suited to my own personal taste. I think it is a little more forgiving of bright recordings than most other accurate speakers I have heard. It is rather insensitive and is definitely a 4 ohm speaker. You have a fair size room, really, so you might look at floorstanders like the Stratus Bronze or even the Stratus Silver. The Stratus Bronze has a higher sensitivity than the others in the Stratus line.

Paradigm now has the Signature Series and PSB has the Platinum Series. I have heard the Paradigm Signature S2 and S8, which is way out of your price range. The S2 is very nice but you might want a subwoofer later on. I haven't heard any of the PSB Platinum Series but they would have to be very good indeed to beat the Stratus Series.

The Energy Conosseur Series speakers are also worthy contenders but the only one I have heard at any length is the C-3..

The only speaker in the B & W 700 Series is the B & W 705, which is a very nice speaker but subdued in the bass. With a subwoofer, they can form and excellent full range system.

Choosing speakers is a personal choice and I advise finding some that sound good with a variety of different recordings. They should sound natural and smooth, throw a consistent image. My basic audition material is full orchestra with massed strings, male and female vocals, mixed chorus and piano. That enables me to screen out most speakers very quickly, within a few minutes as a rule.

As well, you have to get them to sound good at home. There are some very good speakers which don't sound their best in our home and I imagine the same is true of yours, so you should get a home trial or at least, a 30 day return privilege.

Good luck.

RGA
01-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Firstly, Dynaudio make terrific speakers so there is little concern you won;t like them - the 82 s probably your best bet here between the three because it's a pretyt good all rounder and offers good scale - I find the Contour line a bit less of a good deal simply because the competition gets stiffer as the price rises. For instance the Dane 82 is terrific becuase it is compeing against speakers like the Paradigm Studio 100 or a B&W 704 or maybe the 703 - to me the 82 is easily superior to these speakers and better yet not as expenive than some of them - and with 20% off a no brainer - but this is just my taste - certainly YOU want to go listen to those as you may feel differently. I think the B&W's look a little nicer if that matter and to some it does - they look so good it can trick you into thinking they sound better than they do - PERHAPS.

My main suggestion though is to take your time and listen to a lot fo other brands - the main reason is two fold - you may find something you like better than the Dynaudio's - OR - you may go look around and end up REALLY knowing that the Danes were the best for you after all which can ake you feel even better about buying them.

As some noted the Danes are 4ohm - So you will need some power - a 4 ohm stable and probably a 2 ohm stable amplifier. This may be a reservation for you because you need a good quality (though not necessarily high watts) to drive these to a very nice level.

Since you're in California and you like Classical and Jazz - I will make a suggestion to listen to some Audio Note speakers - these are high efficient speakers and a different presentation - they can be quite a bit more money than what you're looking at but if you consider a standmount speaker the Audio Note K/Spe falls around your budget and can be placed fairly near wall and in corners. You will get a very tuneful bass presentation and quite deep in a room the size of yours. Here is the directory of dealers in the US - some may also carry Dynaudio. http://www.audionote.co.uk/distributor/dist_nam.htm
The main reason I'm mentioning this is because they perform very well at lower volume which is important for living in an apartment as I do.

Still if you're set on the Danes you'll be happy I'm sure.

smooth
01-17-2005, 09:29 PM
Firstly, Dynaudio make terrific speakers so there is little concern you won;t like them - the 82 s probably your best bet here between the three because it's a pretyt good all rounder and offers good scale - I find the Contour line a bit less of a good deal simply because the competition gets stiffer as the price rises. For instance the Dane 82 is terrific becuase it is compeing against speakers like the Paradigm Studio 100 or a B&W 704 or maybe the 703 - to me the 82 is easily superior to these speakers and better yet not as expenive than some of them - and with 20% off a no brainer - but this is just my taste - certainly YOU want to go listen to those as you may feel differently. I think the B&W's look a little nicer if that matter and to some it does - they look so good it can trick you into thinking they sound better than they do - PERHAPS.

My main suggestion though is to take your time and listen to a lot fo other brands - the main reason is two fold - you may find something you like better than the Dynaudio's - OR - you may go look around and end up REALLY knowing that the Danes were the best for you after all which can ake you feel even better about buying them.

As some noted the Danes are 4ohm - So you will need some power - a 4 ohm stable and probably a 2 ohm stable amplifier. This may be a reservation for you because you need a good quality (though not necessarily high watts) to drive these to a very nice level.

Since you're in California and you like Classical and Jazz - I will make a suggestion to listen to some Audio Note speakers - these are high efficient speakers and a different presentation - they can be quite a bit more money than what you're looking at but if you consider a standmount speaker the Audio Note K/Spe falls around your budget and can be placed fairly near wall and in corners. You will get a very tuneful bass presentation and quite deep in a room the size of yours. Here is the directory of dealers in the US - some may also carry Dynaudio. http://www.audionote.co.uk/distributor/dist_nam.htm
The main reason I'm mentioning this is because they perform very well at lower volume which is important for living in an apartment as I do.

Still if you're set on the Danes you'll be happy I'm sure.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am not set on stand mount nor Dane's work. I hadn't even heard of either before today (well as distinct from satellites, really). But I will check out AN.

Hopefully no one gives you grief for suggesting them to me. I've watched a lot of animosity toward you in past threads, hopefully this one doesn't turn into one.

risabet
01-17-2005, 11:44 PM

I like the Martin-Logans, stats tend to IMNSHO, bring the music to life when properly driven. A little more than you want to spend though. They also make a non-stat that you might be interested in. You can take a listen to them at Magnolia A/V PCH and Crenshaw Blvd.

SpankingVanillaice
01-18-2005, 04:54 AM
I recommend peep getting the Studio Series from JBL since they sound very professional and percise and clear.

N. Abstentia
01-18-2005, 06:18 AM
I recommend peep getting the Studio Series from JBL since they sound very professional and percise and clear.

He said he's already got cheap $200 speakers...why buy yet another set just like them?

Those JBL's are nowhere near being in the same league as the Paradigm Studios, B&W 700's, and Dynaudio's already mentioned. He wants to upgrade, not sidegrade.

theaudiohobby
01-18-2005, 08:02 AM

Bass is not so important, we feel we can add subs if bass isn't enough. We live in an apartment complex, our living room is 14'x19'. Also, smooth and clear midrange is more important to us than boomy bass.

http://www.genelec.com/products/8050a/images/8050a.jpg

Make sure that you also audition the Genelec 8040 and the 8050 (http://www.genelec.com/products/8050a/8050a.php), very smart looking pro monitors that are a notch (or shall we say a magnitude) above many of the models previously mentioned, they come with onboard amplification, so your amplifier/loudspeaker issues are resolved in one go at no extra cost :D, the midrange clarity and bass articulation (of the 8050 especially) is excellent, but you should expect that afterall they are mixing monitors, they also do the audiophile thing likes pin-point imaging, soundstaging etc very well. Oh and they do bass, 38Hz +/- 2dB freefield and go very loud 120dB IOW no compression at normal listening levels.Other niceties are the ability to finetune bass and treble to your taste, you can even finetine the input sensitivity to match your chosen preamplifier. I do not know whether your wife will approve of the looks but I think she will approve of the sound. :D

shokhead
01-18-2005, 09:55 AM

Make sure that you also audition the Genelec 8040 and the 8050 (http://www.genelec.com/products/8050a/8050a.php), very smart looking pro monitors that are a notch (or shall we say a magnitude) above many of the models previously mentioned, they come with onboard amplification, so your amplifier/loudspeaker issues are resolved in one go at no extra cost :D, the midrange clarity and bass articulation (of the 8050 especially) is excellent, but you should expect that afterall they are mixing monitors, they also do the audiophile thing likes pin-point imaging, soundstaging etc very well. Oh and they do bass, 38Hz +/- 2dB freefield and go very loud 120dB IOW no compression at normal listening levels.Other niceties are the ability to finetune bass and treble to your taste, you can even finetine the input sensitivity to match your chosen preamplifier. I do not know whether your wife will approve of the looks but I think she will approve of the sound. :D

38Hz @120db,is that what you are saying?

theaudiohobby
01-18-2005, 10:01 AM
Loudness capability : 120dB
Bass extension : 38Hz +/-2dB freefield (ie. anaechoic measurement )

It is an active speaker so it does not have sensitivity ratings.

SpankingVanillaice
01-18-2005, 10:22 AM

Make sure that you also audition the Genelec 8040 and the 8050 (http://www.genelec.com/products/8050a/8050a.php), very smart looking pro monitors that are a notch (or shall we say a magnitude) above many of the models previously mentioned, they come with onboard amplification, so your amplifier/loudspeaker issues are resolved in one go at no extra cost :D, the midrange clarity and bass articulation (of the 8050 especially) is excellent, but you should expect that afterall they are mixing monitors, they also do the audiophile thing likes pin-point imaging, soundstaging etc very well. Oh and they do bass, 38Hz +/- 2dB freefield and go very loud 120dB IOW no compression at normal listening levels.Other niceties are the ability to finetune bass and treble to your taste, you can even finetine the input sensitivity to match your chosen preamplifier. I do not know whether your wife will approve of the looks but I think she will approve of the sound. :DThose are professional studio monitors I can say that I like those for recording and stuff too. I heard those too and they are clear too. I have heard lots of studio monitors since I do studio recording too. :)

SpankingVanillaice
01-18-2005, 10:26 AM
He said he's already got cheap $200 speakers...why buy yet another set just like them?

Those JBL's are nowhere near being in the same league as the Paradigm Studios, B&W 700's, and Dynaudio's already mentioned. He wants to upgrade, not sidegrade.I think you are thinking about the cheaper northridge series since they start at $200 but the studio series start from $400 and up.

N. Abstentia
01-18-2005, 11:59 AM
I think you are thinking about the cheaper northridge series since they start at $200 but the studio series start from $400 and up.

It doesn't really matter how much they cost, bottom line is they should never be mentioned in the same discussion as Dynaudio and Paradigm Reference.

N. Abstentia
01-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Those are professional studio monitors I can say that I like those for recording and stuff too. I heard those too and they are clear too. I have heard lots of studio monitors since I do studio recording too. :)

I don't think I've ever seen such gratuitious use of the word 'too' :)

topspeed
01-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Smooth,

Check out The Digital Ear in Tustin. They carry a lot of different types, not just brands, of speakers that will allow you to compare planars, 'stats, transmission line, phase correct, time aligned, and plain 'ol dynamic speakers all in the same place. They carry such notable brands as Martin Logan, Magnaplaner, Audio Physic, Theil, Canton and Wilson. It's also a very low pressure environment populated with knowlegeable, genuinely friendly guys. It's a good opportunity to expose yourself to the different types of speakers that are within your price range yet present wholly different renditions of the same music. What better way to decide which is best for you?

Hope this helps.

gonefishin
01-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Hi smooth :)

Like RGA said...just take your time.

Being in Southern Cal, give EdgarHorns (http://edgarhorn.com/) a listen. I would advise going at least with the Slimeline signature's, but they're a bit more than you want to spend. Even so...give them and the titans a listen. In fact...give other speakers that may be out of your price range a listen. While it may seem discouraging at first, it can be a good way to find your ideal speaker.

happy listening :D

jasmit
01-18-2005, 01:06 PM
I have Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v.3's and I love them. In my opinion, they are one of the best sounding speakers you can buy under $1,500. But, if I suddenly had $2,000 to play with, I'd be hard-pressed not to run down to my local B&W dealer and buy these:

http://www.bwspeakers.com/images/photoItem/705maplegrille-on.jpg

B&W 705's - they sound gorgeous, they look gorgeous :D

And you'd still have plenty of money left over for stands and cables.

Woochifer
01-18-2005, 01:55 PM
Depending on what part of Orange County you live in, the closest Paradigm dealers to you are probably Audio Concepts in Long Beach and Genesis Audio in Irvine/Lake Forest.

For a $2,000 budget, the first issue you need to address is whether you intend to use this strictly as a two-channel audio only system, or if you're trying to build a multichannel setup. If you want your system to eventually go 5.1, then you need to consider not only how good the mains sound, but how well the ancillary center and surround speakers match those mains. You also need to figure out if you want to buy the whole thing at once, or if you're fine with gradually adding on piece by piece.

If you're looking at $2,000 for a pair of speakers, you've got a world of possibilities, particularly since you don't need the deep bass (and that's typically how the prices escalate). In addition to what the others have suggested, you should also look into Vienna Acoustics, Sonus Faber, Vandersteen, Magnepan, Totem, Monitor Audio, JM Lab, NHT, PSB, and Energy.

Some of the other stores that you could try out include Audio Video Today in Westminster, OC Audio in Anaheim, Artistic Audio in Aliso Viejo, and the specialty chains -- Magnolia AV (none in OC, but they have home theater ministores at the Tustin, Mission Viejo, and Costa Mesa Best Buy stores), Ken Crane's, Good Guys, and Tweeter. I'm sure you can find others by just opening up the phone book.

Woochifer
01-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Check out The Digital Ear in Tustin. They carry a lot of different types, not just brands, of speakers that will allow you to compare planars, 'stats, transmission line, phase correct, time aligned, and plain 'ol dynamic speakers all in the same place. They carry such notable brands as Martin Logan, Magnaplaner, Audio Physic, Theil, Canton and Wilson. It's also a very low pressure environment populated with knowlegeable, genuinely friendly guys. It's a good opportunity to expose yourself to the different types of speakers that are within your price range yet present wholly different renditions of the same music. What better way to decide which is best for you?

I guess I'll have to pay a visit over there next time I'm down in OC. I haven't been there since the mid-80s, and that was when they were just starting to stock higher end audio equipment. They first opened right around when the CD format came out as basically a CD store with a few CD players on the side, and they were one of the few places in OC where you could find a decent selection of audiophile titles. Obviously, they've diversified quite a bit!

E-Stat
01-18-2005, 04:10 PM
I can only convince her to let me part with about $2,000 USD. So I have to start with the mains and then go from there over time.
Given that voice, jazz and classical are part of the musical mix, I would consider hearing some Magneplanars as a point of reference. I believe the 1.6s would fall in that price range. While a bit short on bass, they are really magic elsewhere. As bipolars, however, they do need a bit of room behind them to breathe.

rw

theaudiohobby
01-20-2005, 08:32 AM
http://www.genelec.com/products/8030a/images/8030a.jpg After further audition, I am pleased to say that the Genelec 8030 (http://www.genelec.com/products/8030a/8030a.php) is a fabulous speaker, the midrange clarity is among the best at this price and the topend openess is very good, However the Genelec 8050 is much better but costs 3 times as much :( ,the 8050 gets an unqualified rave from me since the last time I heard a box speaker sound this clear and may I say transparent, I played a few bars of the piano in the same shop just before my listening session, so I know :D, was a Harbeth Monitor model a few years back at a hi-fi show in London. At USD1000, the Genelec 8030 is a screaming bargain.

Lord_Magnepan
01-20-2005, 11:16 AM
Used Magnepans from Audiogon ( Magnepan MG 1.6) for 1.2K There is no better speaker for the price in my opinion. And if you love Jazz and voices, then this is for you.

Give them a try :-)

Sir Terrence the Terrible
01-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Depending on what part of Orange County you live in, the closest Paradigm dealers to you are probably Audio Concepts in Long Beach and Genesis Audio in Irvine/Lake Forest.

For a $2,000 budget, the first issue you need to address is whether you intend to use this strictly as a two-channel audio only system, or if you're trying to build a multichannel setup. If you want your system to eventually go 5.1, then you need to consider not only how good the mains sound, but how well the ancillary center and surround speakers match those mains. You also need to figure out if you want to buy the whole thing at once, or if you're fine with gradually adding on piece by piece.

If you're looking at $2,000 for a pair of speakers, you've got a world of possibilities, particularly since you don't need the deep bass (and that's typically how the prices escalate). In addition to what the others have suggested, you should also look into Vienna Acoustics, Sonus Faber, Vandersteen, Magnepan, Totem, Monitor Audio, JM Lab, NHT, PSB, and Energy.

Some of the other stores that you could try out include Audio Video Today in Westminster, OC Audio in Anaheim, Artistic Audio in Aliso Viejo, and the specialty chains -- Magnolia AV (none in OC, but they have home theater ministores at the Tustin, Mission Viejo, and Costa Mesa Best Buy stores), Ken Crane's, Good Guys, and Tweeter. I'm sure you can find others by just opening up the phone book.

Wooch,
You have so much information in the head of yours that one day it is going to burst. What do you have up there a 900 gygabite hard drive? I know when we hook up for those beers, the first thing I am going to do is to turn you upside, and shake some of this info out of ya!

Woochifer
01-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Wooch,
You have so much information in the head of yours that one day it is going to burst. What do you have up there a 900 gygabite hard drive? I know when we hook up for those beers, the first thing I am going to do is to turn you upside, and shake some of this info out of ya!

Not a 900 GB hard drive -- just a lotta cheat sheets, some Google searches, some friends who used to work at a few of those stores, and parents who retired behind the Orange Curtain!

No need to flip anyone upside down either, a few of those beers and I won't know which direction is up ... HICCC...