TX - DS 575 Onkyo A/V Receiver [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : TX - DS 575 Onkyo A/V Receiver

johny747
01-15-2005, 10:34 AM
HI,
I've had this receiver since late 2000. It is a wonderful receiver so far. Of late there is no sound when i switch on the amp. I comes back after sometime when i keep switching the V1, Tuner, CD buttons. I've checked the speaker and other connections which are OK! What do u think is the problem? Is time to change the amp?? :confused:

bargainseeker
01-15-2005, 11:36 AM
HI,
I've had this receiver since late 2000. It is a wonderful receiver so far. Of late there is no sound when i switch on the amp. I comes back after sometime when i keep switching the V1, Tuner, CD buttons. I've checked the speaker and other connections which are OK! What do u think is the problem? Is time to change the amp?? :confused:Does the front panel light up or is it completely dead when you first try to turn on the receiver?

johny747
01-18-2005, 10:05 PM
Does the front panel light up or is it completely dead when you first try to turn on the receiver?

The front panel does light up and seem to be functioning ok, but no sound.

bargainseeker
01-19-2005, 07:08 AM
The front panel does light up and seem to be functioning ok, but no sound.From the symptoms, I suspect that you have corroded or dirty contacts on the relay (http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/relay.htm) inside the receiver which prevents a loud thump when you turn it on.

This problem is one you could probably fix yourself if you are up for it. Before you open the receiver, make sure it is unplugged. Locate the relay and remove any plastic box that is covering it. The simplest fix would be to vacuum the dust out of the relay contacts or to use a can of pressurized air to blow the dust out. You may also need to use a nail file to clean the contacts. Replace the relay cover, close the receiver, and test your fix.

johny747
02-02-2005, 08:29 AM
Thank You

From the symptoms, I suspect that you have corroded or dirty contacts on the relay (http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/relay.htm) inside the receiver which prevents a loud thump when you turn it on.

This problem is one you could probably fix yourself if you are up for it. Before you open the receiver, make sure it is unplugged. Locate the relay and remove any plastic box that is covering it. The simplest fix would be to vacuum the dust out of the relay contacts or to use a can of pressurized air to blow the dust out. You may also need to use a nail file to clean the contacts. Replace the relay cover, close the receiver, and test your fix.