Friday Song of the Day thread [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Friday Song of the Day thread

ForeverAutumn
01-14-2005, 10:46 AM
My song of the day is Somewhere Only We Know by Keane. I know...this song is getting way too much radio play. And I'll be totally sick of it by this time next week. But for now, I'm loving it!

Tom Chaplin's voice is just beautiful. Not a word that I often use for a male vocalist. But it's just so smoooooooth.

There are some other really great songs on this disk. But for today, Friday, this is my SOTD.

:)

Hyfi
01-14-2005, 10:51 AM
I just got Thier firs album from '72. I always loved the song Angry Eyes and the jam throughout the song. There is a live version that is extended a bit I am looking for.

Happy weekend!!!

Hyfi

Davey
01-14-2005, 11:03 AM
I'll say "Barely Losing", the second song on that very nice
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0001DCZWW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
CD that I was playing this morning while getting ready for work. Had to repeat that song a couple times.

nobody
01-14-2005, 11:30 AM
Your Silent Face by New Order

Damn, do I love Power, Corruption and Lies!

ForeverAutumn
01-14-2005, 11:45 AM
I just got Thier firs album from '72. I always loved the song Angry Eyes and the jam throughout the song. There is a live version that is extended a bit I am looking for.

Happy weekend!!!

Hyfi

Last weekend I flipped on the TV because the TV Guide showed that there was some figure skating on (I like to watch that on occasion). Well, to my very pleasant surprise, instead of pre-recorded music, the figure skating was being done to a live Kenny Loggins concert! The TV Guide said nothing about Kenny.

I enjoyed the concert more than the skating. :)

Dusty Chalk
01-14-2005, 12:20 PM
I've got "Working for the weekend" stuck in my mind right now, but I am hesitant to nominate it for song of the day.

Oops, it's just been vanquished -- I've got Lamb, "B-Line" in my head now. "Bah-dah bah-dah bah-dah bah-dah bah-dah..."

Great video, if you can find it.

Stone
01-14-2005, 01:00 PM
"Southern Belles In London Sing" by The Faint.

I've been listening to this album while I get ready for work and this song has been stuck in my head lately. It tells the tale of the protagonist sitting in the Omaha airport waiting for his girl to arrive, and then her leaving.

Ex Lion Tamer
01-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Walking on a Wire, from Richard & Linda's Shoot Out The Lights...great song, with some choice guitar work, from an equally great album that's been playing a little bit chez Lion tamer for the last couple days.

-Jar-
01-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Your Silent Face by New Order

Damn, do I love Power, Corruption and Lies!

awesome.

I'm still wrestling with myself re: ordering a New Order DVD that has a 1981 concert (along witha newer one) on it.

I have a little money left on a Barnes & Noble gift card.

It's either that or the movie "24 Hour Party People."

Somehow I think I would end up watching the New Order DVD more.

I noticed on their newer concerts that they have on DVD that the band performs quite a few Joy Division songs. I wonder if this is something they just started doing? I guess I had never heard of them doing this back in the 80's.

Another part of me thinks I should get Nora Jones for my wife... or Wizard of Oz for the kids. Oh to be selfish or not :)

-jar

jasn
01-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Waiting in line at a coffee shop I heard Lee Michaels Do You Know What I Mean? on the radio and it's been in my head all day. Why are his C.D.'s not in print? At least put non-remasters in the discount bins.

Troy
01-14-2005, 02:18 PM
I'm about half way thru my first spin of Mr. Bungle "California".

Wow, is THIS great or what!?!

DarrenH
01-14-2005, 02:49 PM
I picked up Phish's Billy Breathes on the cheap ($5) and this song just keeps getting played over and over:

Character Zero

Great effin' song. I dig "Free" as well. On the whole, really a good cd. A nice $5 find.

Darren

Slosh
01-14-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm about half way thru my first spin of Mr. Bungle "California".

Wow, is THIS great or what!?!

I vote "or what" but Retrovertigo is a pretty choice tune