Speaker hiss with non-HD channels [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker hiss with non-HD channels

SepoSloan
01-14-2005, 10:09 AM
OK, second and hopefully last question until my HT is set up correctly.

Components:
Receiver: Kenwood VR-7070
TV: 42" Plasma Panasonic EDTV
Cable: Comcast Digital Box
Connections: Speakers: Oxygen free, 2 wire cable in wall shielding.
Components: Component Video and Optical Cabling

All components are going via the Reciever as it has all required inputs and one out put to the TV. All sound is going to the receiver and then to speakers nothing back to TV Speakers.

Problem:

When im watching HD channels the sound is perfect. When im watching non digital or HD channels i hear a hissing sound through the speakers. Any suggestions?

bargainseeker
01-14-2005, 11:56 AM
OK, second and hopefully last question until my HT is set up correctly.

Components:
Receiver: Kenwood VR-7070
TV: 42" Plasma Panasonic EDTV
Cable: Comcast Digital Box
Connections: Speakers: Oxygen free, 2 wire cable in wall shielding.
Components: Component Video and Optical Cabling

All components are going via the Reciever as it has all required inputs and one out put to the TV. All sound is going to the receiver and then to speakers nothing back to TV Speakers.

Problem:

When im watching HD channels the sound is perfect. When im watching non digital or HD channels i hear a hissing sound through the speakers. Any suggestions?I suspect that the problem may be with your cable box or your cable service, but there is one thing you could try. Does your cable box have a digital audio output either as a single RCA jack or as an optical jack? If so, connect this output to your receiver and disconnect all other audio connections between your cable box and your receiver. Then go into the setup menu on your cable box and enable digital audio output and go into the setup menu on your receiver and tell it to use the digital audio input for your cable box input. See if this helps.