I'm a believer! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm a believer!

spuppy517
01-11-2005, 10:25 PM
I just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who helped in my decision to purchase a HSU sub. It came today! :D At first it's size was a little intimidating but setup was a complete breeze. All I can say is WOW!
I barely have the volume turned up and when I put on the scene where darla taps the fish tank in Finding Nemo the whole room was shaking! I thought the picture frames were going to launch off the wall. I must have watched that scene about 20 times in row, and each time the smile on my face got bigger and bigger.
I them proceeded to watch various scenes of other movies, then some different types of music. Everything sounded so good, I am in heaven.
I don't even know why I question spending $500 on this thing, it was worth every penny and if I had known how awesome it was gonna sound I would have done it sooner.
So again thanks guys for the great tip. And thank you HSU for a great product. I'm a believer. Can't wait to upgrade my receiver and main speakers too!

midfiguy
01-12-2005, 04:20 AM
Hi Spup,

Congrats on your purchase. How large is your room? Which sub did you get, I'm assuming the VTF-2? Did you try out the different modes, extension vs. output modes? I haven't experienced on first hand, only heard the raves so i'm curious.

Thanks.

Worf101
01-12-2005, 09:31 AM
I just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone who helped in my decision to purchase a HSU sub. It came today! :D At first it's size was a little intimidating but setup was a complete breeze. All I can say is WOW!
I barely have the volume turned up and when I put on the scene where darla taps the fish tank in Finding Nemo the whole room was shaking! I thought the picture frames were going to launch off the wall. I must have watched that scene about 20 times in row, and each time the smile on my face got bigger and bigger.
I them proceeded to watch various scenes of other movies, then some different types of music. Everything sounded so good, I am in heaven.
I don't even know why I question spending $500 on this thing, it was worth every penny and if I had known how awesome it was gonna sound I would have done it sooner.
So again thanks guys for the great tip. And thank you HSU for a great product. I'm a believer. Can't wait to upgrade my receiver and main speakers too!

Enjoy that creamy sonic goodness. Sink your teefes into that rich, mellow, bit of beefy bass... You'll love it. Please if you've any problems let a fellah know and if it's the real deal, let everyone know...

Da Worfster :cool:

Peter Marcks
01-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Thank you for the feedback spuppy! We really appreciate it!

Cheers

Peter Marcks
Hsu Research

spuppy517
01-15-2005, 11:09 PM
Congrats on your purchase. How large is your room? Which sub did you get, I'm assuming the VTF-2? Did you try out the different modes, extension vs. output modes? I haven't experienced on first hand, only heard the raves so i'm curious.

Yes - the sub I bought is the VTF2-MK2. To be honest, I am not real sure of the demensions of the room. It's also kinda weird cause the living room and kitchen are actually together in one big giant room, so it's a bizarre set up (I am living in a friends house). But trust me - I bet this thing could power a small cave!
I didn't really fool around with the modes. It just sounded so good right away that I didn't touch much. Once I get my new receiver I'll be playing around with it more, I think.
Right now, it's almost a tradedy, I have it hooked up to an old Aiwa straight-out-of-box dolby digital surround package deal. The thing doesn't even have DTS! The sub that came with that package died which has prompted me to upgrade the whole system, but as I needed a sub desparately, that was the component I upgraded first.
If you are considering one of these subs, midfiguy, I would say..... go do it right now!

And Worf..... thanks again, I think you were the first one to suggest a HSU. What kind of speakers do you use along with your HSU..... I am having a hard time deciding on what speakers to get. Got the receiver all picked out.........

Worf101
01-16-2005, 07:19 PM
And Worf..... thanks again, I think you were the first one to suggest a HSU. What kind of speakers do you use along with your HSU..... I am having a hard time deciding on what speakers to get. Got the receiver all picked out.........

Well, truth be told I'm not the one to ask about "modern" speakers. I tend to run vintage older speakers from Epicure, Allison and Ohm. The "newest" speaker I run is a pair of Platinum Audio Studio 3's as mains in the primary system. Great speakers, but that company's out of business. I'd recommend you starting a separate thread asking about what speakers you should be looking at.Provide the following information...

1. Budget..
2. Room Dimensions.
3. Desired use, HT vs. musicor both...

Tell us what you wind up gettin...

Da Worsfter

Lord Nikon
01-18-2005, 06:00 AM
So guys, how high do you have your HSU sub turned up during normal listening? My line is not even in the 10pm position, it is actually less and it sounds loud to me. I couldn't imagine listening to this sub normally at a halfway setting.

Worf101
01-18-2005, 08:21 AM
So guys, how high do you have your HSU sub turned up during normal listening? My line is not even in the 10pm position, it is actually less and it sounds loud to me. I couldn't imagine listening to this sub normally at a halfway setting.

Since its mostly about getting the "blend" right there's no hard and fast "volume rule". I notice on my VTF-3 that 10:00's just about right on the VTF-2 I have to cank it a tad higher...

Da Worfster :o

Lord Nikon
01-22-2005, 09:53 AM
I would love to hear the VTF3 side by side with the VTF2. :)

hmmmm
01-22-2005, 04:45 PM
I have the VTF-2 (room size 14 x 23")
It cracked me up the other day when I had a few friends over to watch a movie and one of the ladies said "I feel funny, like the music is shaking my bones". Another guy said "honey, that's the subwoofer- I wan't one!" She replied, "Me too!"
Anyway, it was Dawn of the dead and we had a blast.

spuppy517
01-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Glad you're happy S-Man...

S-woman actually! But that's ok - it's probably mostly men in these forums so it's easy to assume. I swear I have some kinda guy gene when it comes to this stuff. :D

I probably have it at about the 10:00 position as well. I think if I turned it up to the half way level it might literally make the house crumble into a pile of sticks!

It cracked me up the other day when I had a few friends over to watch a movie and one of the ladies said "I feel funny, like the music is shaking my bones". Another guy said "honey, that's the subwoofer- I wan't one!" She replied, "Me too!"

That's so funny! Today I am sleeping (I work graveyard shift) and my roomies were watching I, Robot. I woke up during it because it sounded like there was an invasion happening in my room. I had to go upsatirs and turn the thing off on them so I could sleep, and the sub is one the other side of the house! Like I said before - worth every penny.