Hey it's Tuesday what you been listening to [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hey it's Tuesday what you been listening to

Mike
01-11-2005, 04:17 AM
Here’s my listening fest stacked up by the player over the last week or so (actually it's a bit longer than a week) quite a few for me...

Kings of Leon – Aha Shake Heartbreak
Ash - Meltdown
Ray Lamontagne – Trouble
Tweaker – 2 am Wake Up Call
On Air – Library
American Music Club – Mercury
Jim White – Drill A Hole…
Court and Spark - Witch Season
Pinback - Summer in Abaddon
Razorlight - Up All Night
The Ordinary Boys - Over The Counter Culture
The Legends - Up Against The Legends
Mylo – Destroy Rock and Roll
Royksopp – Melody AM
Lali Puna – Faking The Books
Guster – Keep It Together and Goldfly
Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism
Ella Guru – Ella Guru
The National – The National
Josh Rouse - 1972
Dzihan and Kamien – Freaks and Icons
Suzuki - Tosca
Scud Mountain Boys – Massachusetts
Mark Lanegan – Bubblegum
The Earlies – Theses Were The Earlies
Micah P Hinson – The Gospel of Progress
Aqualung – Still Life
Reindeer Section – Son Of Evil Reindeer
Kate Rusby – Underneath The Stars
Snow Patrol – Final Straw
The Libertines – The Libertines
Be Good Tanyas - Chinatown

Oh and a few comps as well

Johnny Cash – Solitary Man
The Smiths – Best Of
Thin Lizzy – Best Of
Dinosaur Rock - comp

Cheers
Mike

Celtic Bob
01-11-2005, 04:54 AM
Hmmm, Let me think..........

The Beatles - Rubber Soul (UK Mono)
The Beatles - Revolver (UK Mono)
Big Sugar - Hit & Run (Disc 1)
Big Sugar - Brothers and Sisters Are You Ready
Enuff Z'Nuff - ?
Stephen Pearcy - Fueler
Harem Scarem - Higher
Bret Michaels - Songs Of Life
Adam Ant - Growing Older (Comp)
David Bowie - Heathen
Brian Setzer 68 Comeback Special - Ignition
Brian Setzer - Nitro Burnin' Funny Daddy
Tesla - into The Now
Brides Of Destruction - Here Come The Brides

I think that's it.....plus a few Beatlegs.

Dave_G
01-11-2005, 05:56 AM
A Flock of Seagulls - Listen. New reissue on seedee, pretty good.

Rick Derringer - If I wern't so romantic I'd shoot you - new reissue seedee, excellent.

Bunny Wailer - Sings the Wailers - ya mon.

Yes - Relayer (I hate that cha-cha-cha crap in the 1 song, other than that pretty good album)

Deep Purple - Banannas - new title w/ Don Airey on keys, good.

Uriah Heep - Look at Yourself - Hmmm. I used to adore this one but it sure is dated sounding, maybe I need the remaster...

Steve Hackett- Defector - good.

The Fixx - Happy landings and lost tracks - pretty good.

Monty Python - Holy Grail thingy. Hilarious.

Also watched some Rush in Rio deeveedee, the new Crim deeveedee, and some Deep Purple Live in Australia deeveedee.

Dave

shokhead
01-11-2005, 06:29 AM
Doors - LA Woman DVD-A
Police - Every breath you take Classics SACD Hybrid

tentoze
01-11-2005, 06:49 AM
Spent 5 hours Saturday at C.E.S.'s T.H.E.Show listening to a bunch of different music on some of the most amazing gear on the planet. On the way out, went into the cd/lp sales area- could have dropped a grand really quick, but behaved myself with only these purchases:

cd:
MoFi Ultradisk of Sonny Tery & Brownie McGhee's Sonny & Terry. Excellent.
Grey DeLisle, The Graceful Ghost- might turn into a system demo disk for me. Gospel-tinged Gothic Americana stuff sung by an angel. She might be a perfect foil to tour with 16 Horsepower.

lp:
Japanese (Cisco) 180g pressings of Ian & Sylvia's Northern Journey and Four Strong Winds. Quite remarkable sound quality. Wonderful music as well. A little pricey for a skinflint like me, but worth every penny.

Mr MidFi
01-11-2005, 07:01 AM
I've been going wild with my new iPod (it was a Xmas gift). Yes, I know...lossy, compressed music sounds like crap, blah blah blah. I don't care. The portability/convenience factor has been a revelation. I've been playing literally thousands of songs on my office stereo and car stereo, using an FM transmitter attachment. It's slick, easy to use, and puts out a decent signal for this type of toy.

CDs:
This morning, I was reassessing The Vines' Winning Days. Months ago, the first couple times I played it, this disc just didn't click with me. Can't really put my finger on why; sorta like they were reaching beyond their grasp(?). Anyway, it clicked for me today. I like an album that takes you from point A to point B in 40 minutes, and this one really does. Glad I gave it another chance.

Other notable listens:

The Booty Wallbangers (very tuneful alt-country rock from N. Carolina).
WXRT "Live From the Archives" Vol. 7...for anyone near the Chicago area, I think this new one is the best in the series.
Rolling Stones new live disc (forgot the title)...The only decent live recording they've put out since, well, maybe Get Yer Ya-Yas Out.
Police - Outlandos d'Amor (remaster)...An excellent remastering, well worth getting IMHO.
Genesis - Seconds Out (remaster)...Classic, but the guitar is still buried in the mix.
U2 - How to Dismantle...Hook-laden hard pop. There are worse ways to sell out.
REM - Reveal...Better than the new one.

mad rhetorik
01-11-2005, 07:42 AM
The Dead Kennedys: <b>Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables</b>
Black Flag: <b>Damaged</b>
The Jam: <b>This Is The Modern World/All Mod Cons</b>
Big Star: <b>#1 Record/Radio City</b>
Killing Joke: debut
King Crimson: <b>Vroom Vroom</b>, <b>Red</b>
Devin Townsend: <b>Ocean Machine</b>
The Van Allen Belt: <b>Lactatertots</b> ("Suburban Tiki" and "Two-Four" are SERIOUS earwigs)

Pantera: <b>Vulgar Display Of Power</b>
I've actually had this for a while, I bought it prior to Christmas since I didn't have any Pantera in my collection and figured, what the hell. Me likes, though it's not my fave metal album by any means. It's kind of inconsistent, with the first 6 songs and "Hollow" being the standouts and the rest merely so-so. Dimebag's (R.I.P.) guitar playing is excellent. Most thrash bands can't get away with having only one guitarist, but Pantera could.

Godspeed You Black Emperor!: <b>F#a infinity</b>
Great, moody post-rock/neo-prog, with some symphonic elements (dig the use of strings). A very different beast from Sigur Ros and Explosions In The Sky, who are my other two post-rock standpoints (not counting Slint and Talk Talk). The great big explosive buildups seem less frequent, and take longer to get there than the aforementioned bands; the real focus seems to be more on texture and atmosphere. "The Dead Flag Blues," with the opening narration, is just about the most depressing thing that's ever graced my ears. "East Hastings" has got the best moment on the entire album (after the drums kick in around 9:00, followed by violin, then building and building in speed to a huge blowout). This is the same track that was featured in the movie <b>28 Days Later</b>, in the scene where the protagonist is wandering around a dead London (very effective backing).

Stone
01-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Mastodon - Leviathan
This probably should be in my top 20, but then I get to drawn out 13-minute, boring song and it gives me justification for not including it. Otherwise, it's a great album.

Mclusky - The Difference Between Me and You Is that I'm Not On Fire

Pinback - Summer In Abaddon
Only one distracted listen so far.

Manu Chao - Clandestino

Joanna Newsom - Milk-Eyed Mender

mad rhetorik
01-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Mastodon - Leviathan
This probably should be in my top 20, but then I get to drawn out 13-minute, boring song and it gives me justification for not including it. Otherwise, it's a great album.

You're joking, right?

I love "Hearts Alive." I think it's one of those rare cases where a metal band pulls off the atmospheric epic thing without sounding overdrawn or pretentious. IMO.

Then again, I remember that you said Isis' <b>Panopticon</b> seemed a bit boring to you, so maybe that makes sense.

Stone
01-11-2005, 08:58 AM
You're joking, right?

I love "Hearts Alive." I think it's one of those rare cases where a metal band pulls off the atmospheric epic thing without sounding overdrawn or pretentious. IMO.

Then again, I remember that you said Isis' <b>Panopticon</b> seemed a bit boring to you, so maybe that makes sense.

No, no joke. Those kind of songs just lose me after about 5 or 6 minutes, and after that I just think "When is this going to be over?" It's just not my thing, and that's why I don't care for a lot of post-rock stuff either.

DarrenH
01-11-2005, 09:09 AM
Frameshift - Unweaving The Rainbow. It thought this was released in 2003? If it's a 2004 release then this is definitely in my top 10 for the year.

Luca Turelli - Prophet Of The Last Eclipse. Rhapsody lead guitarist does the solo thing. Over the top symphonic prog metal. If you like Rhapsody or Symphony X or even some of Arjen Lucasson's Ayreon project material then this is for you.

Drive-By Truckers - The Dirty South. Pretty darn good southern influenced rock a rolla.

Uriah Heep - Salisbury. My favorite Heep album.

AC/DC - '74 Jailbreak. Great album. Say what you will but the Bon Scott era albums from this band kick arse. This is the music I grew up on.

Jethro Tull - Minstrel In The Gallery
Jethro Tull - Benefit.
Cressida - Asylum. Fantastic early seventies British proto-prog.
King Crimson - Lizard. A very strange album but I'm coming around to it.

Cat Stevens - Foreigner. Most folks consider Tea For The Tillerman and Teaser And The Firecat to be Cat's seminal albums but I really like Foreigner and prefer it over the previously mentioned albums.

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - The Witch Doctor
John Coltrane - Coltrane. His first solo album after leaving Miles. Prestige K2 Remaster
Jaco Pastorius - s/t debut release
Miles Davis - disc 5 of the Jack Johnson box set.
Miles Davis - Agharta. Live from Japan 1975. The first set I believe.

Also played a new classical CD of Rach's Piano Concerto's 3 and 4. I can't remember all the particulars but it was recommended in the Penquin's Guide to classical music. I really enjoy piano (and trumpet) concertos.

That is all.

Darren

Troy
01-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Budderball- Funny weird poppy punk crap from brother Finch.

Air- The Virgin Suicides soundtrack- Spacy mostly instru 70's prog homage. Lots of mellotron.

Helmet of Gnats- Any fan of Dixie Dregs or Brand X would like this big time.

Echolyn- Cowboy Poems Free- Top-notch post-prog. Deserves to be heard.

IQ- Darkmatter- I need to play it again, but it sounds like every other IQ album . . .

Blackfield- S' ok. Some nice hooks. Too short at 36 minutes.

Talking Heads- Fear of Music- Genius.

Secret Machines Trancy prog-metal. Terrible recording.

There was more . . . but I can't remember.

Troy
01-11-2005, 09:25 AM
The Van Allen Belt: <b>Lactatertots</b> ("Suburban Tiki" and "Two-Four" are SERIOUS earwigs)

Glad it worked! Most people seem to be earwormed by "Solver".

mad rhetorik
01-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Glad it worked! Most people seem to be earwormed by "Solver".

That's a catchy one too. Maybe that'll get stuck in my head next. It's just that "Suburban Tiki" stands out with the repeated chant of the title line and the weird topic matter. I like the female vocals on "Styrofoam" as well.

I retract my statements regarding any lack of dynamics. There's LOTS going on in all of these songs, which is evident with a serious listen.

Olivertmc
01-11-2005, 10:41 AM
The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane . . .
Chuck Prophet - Age of Miracles
The Arcade Fire - Funeral
Animal Collective - Sung Tongs
Ricky Fante - Rewind
Pink Floyd - Is there Anybody Out There?
Ricki Lee Jones - It's Like This
Sufjan Stevens - Greetings from Michigan
12Rods - Split Personality
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Lyre of Orpheus
Talking Heads - The Name of This Band is the Talking Heads
Circulatory System - s/t
Grateful Dead - The Closing of Winterland

Dave_G
01-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey this is excellent, new people posting here, c'mon, lets get more posts from these cats! We need exposure to more toonage!

Shokhead - tell more about the Doors dvd-a disc, how is it?

Dave

Troy
01-11-2005, 10:53 AM
That's a catchy one too. Maybe that'll get stuck in my head next. It's just that "Suburban Tiki" stands out with the repeated chant of the title line and the weird topic matter. I like the female vocals on "Styrofoam" as well.

I retract my statements regarding any lack of dynamics. There's LOTS going on in all of these songs, which is evident with a serious listen.

Wifey will be happy to hear your compliment. Thanks Mad!

Davey
01-11-2005, 11:12 AM
The Unicorns - Who Will Cut Our Hair When We're Gone
Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane . . .
Chuck Prophet - Age of Miracles
The Arcade Fire - Funeral
Animal Collective - Sung Tongs
Ricky Fante - Rewind
Pink Floyd - Is there Anybody Out There?
Ricki Lee Jones - It's Like This
Sufjan Stevens - Greetings from Michigan
12Rods - Split Personality
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Lyre of Orpheus
Talking Heads - The Name of This Band is the Talking Heads
Circulatory System - s/t
Grateful Dead - The Closing of Winterland
Hey Oliver! Welcome to the board, although I see you've been posting a little bit in the hardware forum. Pretty nice selection of old and new tunes you got spinning lately. Big fan of most of them myself. Been looking forward to a new Circulatory System record. Wonder where it is?

Me myself and I have mainly been spinning from a small and overlistened to group of CDs lately that includes ...

Augie March - Strange Bird
Lali Puna - Faking the Books
Mark Lanegan Band - Bubblegum
Stone's 2004 Comp
David Kilgour - Frozen Orange
The National - Cherry Tree
Autolux, etc

Troy
01-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Yeah Oliver, I dig that 12 Rods disc. Never seen them mentioned here before.

Olivertmc
01-11-2005, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the gracious welcome. I've been checking out these Tuesday threads for a while now, and figured I might as well join in. It is hard to find people with similar, and just as eclectic, musical taste! Davey, a new Circulatory System would be nice. I got into them by following the Elephant 6 "family tree" from Neutral Milk Hotel. And Troy, the 12Rods disc I picked up on ebay and cannot stop listening to it. Although from what I've read, their subsequent albums aren't as good. Have you heard any?

Troy
01-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Yeah, I do have one later 12 Rods disc called "Separation Anxieties" that is also good. More pop and accessible. Press didn't like it as much, but I liked it more, actually.

ForeverAutumn
01-11-2005, 01:11 PM
Collective Soul - Dosage
Collective Soul - S/T
Saw Collective Soul on a New Year's Eve show from Niagara Falls, Ontario and was reminded of how much I used to like this band. Pulled out the old disks and discovered that I still like this band.

The Trews - House of Ill Fame - I love this CD. They were on the same NYE show.
Incubus - Make Yourself and Morning View - Thanks to Finch for introducing me to this band. HMV had a bunch of Incubus disks on sale so I picked up these two and also Science, but I haven't cracked that one open yet.
XTC - Fossil Fuel, The XTC Singles - All the XTC I need on two disks.
Mark Feldman - S/T - singer/songwriter who was playing in a local restaurant one night. This kid wrote the songs, produced the disk and played all the instruments. An impressive effort with good sound. Think Jack Johnson marries Bob Dylan.
Finger Eleven - The Grayest of Blue Skies - Thanks go out to Finchy again. I'm not enjoying this as much as their 2004 self-titled release. I need to give it a few more spins.
Keane - Hopes and Fears - I'm really enjoying this. Justin Hawkins (The Darkness) could learn a thing or two about Falsetto singing from this band. Tom Chaplin's voice is just gorgeous! I just picked up tickets to see them on Feb. 13.
Boy - Every Page You Turn - Love this retro-pop sound! Great songs. Lots of hooks. This is a fantastic young band. I hope to see them find great success.
Scissor Sisters - S/T - See my review.
Modest Mouse - The Moon and Antarctica - I've only given this one spin. I think that I'll end up liking it more than Good News...but I need more spins before making that decision. Over all, I'm not sure that I'll end up buying any more MM. I like the two disks well enough, but they just aren't growing on me the way that I thought they would.

JDaniel
01-11-2005, 04:22 PM
Mostly Twangophile stuff:

Jimmie Dale Gilmore - Braver Newer World

Best of Joe Ely

The Flatlanders - Wheels Of Fortune

Guy Clark - Cold Dog Soup

Townes Van Zandt - A Far Cry From Dead & Last Rites

JJ Cale - Guitar Man

John Hiatt - Bring The Family

Willard Grant Conspiracy (from Mike)

Brian Wilson - Smile

Tears for Fears - Everybody Loves a Happy Ending (surprisingly good)

JD

Dusty Chalk
01-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Trail of Tears, Profoundemonium -- classic 'beauty and the beast' metal. Excellent.

Naglfar, Sheol
Lamb of God, Ashes of the Wake & As The Palaces Burn
God Forbid, Determination, Gone Forever
-- heavy blastering metal. Medigs. Fills a need, but does not make the year-end list.

Chris Connelly, Night of Your Life -- Bowie-esque alterna-crooner tunes. He gets a little silly with the production, but that makes it no less the enjoyable. In the same way that black humour does not make a horror movie into a comedy.

Stone's Year End Comp tHingy -- only two distracted listens so far -- hey, which one is PopTodd -- is that Destroyer?

Ulrich Schnauss, A Strangely Isolated Place -- surprisingly good, very poppy for an experimental shoegazery sort of thing going on. Not going to oust Dykehouse, but I did think about adding it to my year end list for a minute.

Bunnyhug, Like Kissing An Ashtray -- fun electroclash. You gotta love a vocoder line that says something about killing oneself in an upbeat manner.

Ambeon, Fate of a Dreamer -- meh, not bad, but considering his other projects, I expect better.

Friends of Dean Martinez, Random Harvest -- this is definitely going on my ever-growing top 20 list, which I think is over 20 at this point. But dang if it ain't perfect.

ISAN, Meet Next Life -- nice, but a little too...erm...not aggressive enough for me. Don't get me wrong, I like subdued, but I think this is too subtle for me. I could probably safely recommend it to anyone who likes Four Tet.

Telefon Tel Aviv, Map of What is Effortless -- dang, this is right on the brink of going on my top 20 list. It starts off with a track that puts me in mind of Notwists' Neon Golden, but track two vears off in a completely different (harder, more dancey beats) direction. Serious contender.

Oneiroid Psychosis, Stillbirth and Dreams (with pollutions when virile) -- no relation to Dreamstillbirth. Some serious experimental industrial from yesteryear (1990's), quite good.

Lhasa, The Living Road -- really nice world music, needs more listens.

Voodoo Child (aka Moby), Baby Monkey -- serious background music. Very 'dance'.

God Lives Underwater, Upoffthefloor -- which is what they got themselves. A comeback. A return to form.

Seabound, Beyond Flatline -- actually, I think I like No Sleep Demon better. The 'difficult sophomore album', this.

Blade: Trinity soundtrack -- too hip-hoppity, but again, fills a need.

Neuropa, Born -- a little too powerballady.

Client, City some fun indie electroclashy stuff, but no year-end list material.

Placebo, Taste in Men single -- I <3 Placebo.

The Wire Tapper 12 -- scratches an itch -- of the experimental variety. Yet does not resonate like I need it to.

Junior Boys, Last Exit -- louder definitely helps, that funkrevolutionbomb sounds like it's going to go off, especially on the first couple of tracks. But as an album, there's a couple of duds on there that no amount of volume helps, hence it's exclusion off any year-end list written by me.

Kylie Minogue, Body Language and Fever -- OMG, I forgot how good this years Kylie is, it's definitely going on my year-end list, I don't care how crowded that list is. Every track is a single. Out-Madonnas Madonna. L, after listening to Fever, it out-Kylies Kylie.

LOTW? Hmm...I don't know, tie between C.C., Telefon Tel Aviv, Ulrich Schnauss and Lhasa. I think ultimately the plaque goes to T.T.A., just because I caught myself playing it a couple times.

audiobill
01-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Shadows Fall -- The War Within

Killswitck Engage - The End of Heartache

Joni Mitchell -- Hits

Jim White -- Drill A Hole....

I'm glad I revisited Joni Mitchell this week -- it's been years since I spun any of her music.
Note to self: Play more of Joni in the new year.

That's all foks!!
Bill

Stone
01-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Stone's Year End Comp tHingy -- only two distracted listens so far -- hey, which one is PopTodd -- is that Destroyer?

No. Hop On Pop.

Kylie Minogue, Body Language and Fever -- OMG, I forgot how good this years Kylie is, it's definitely going on my year-end list, I don't care how crowded that list is. Every track is a single. Out-Madonnas Madonna. L, after listening to Fever, it out-Kylies Kylie.

I've stayed away from the latest one based on a couple reviews (can't remember where), but I guess I should check it out.

tentoze
01-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Adding one worthy of note, now that I've had 3 spins worth- Magnolia Electric Company ~Trials & Errors~ Jason Molina and the (former) Songs: Ohia boys in a live concert in Brussels from 2003. I'm an easy mark for anything Molina does, but this one is a KO. You can buy it on the 18th. I have one now.

MindGoneHaywire
01-12-2005, 04:24 AM
I've been listening to Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble" and Madeline Peyroux's "Careless Love" most the past few days. A friend recommended LaMontagne a couple of weeks ago & I had the CD laying around but honestly hadn't thought to pop it in; I didn't see or hear or read much that suggested it was anything special. Good stuff. Madeline Peyroux I just got, though, & that had come rather highly recommended. More specifically, she's been touted a few times by the jazzbos on the Asylum's "Music" board as sounding VERY much like Billie Holiday, and that was meant in a good way. So I was very curious, and it does not disappoint. And it's not that she apes Billie; her voice just, very naturally, has a lot of the same qualities. The album's not pure jazz, it's poppy, but there are jazzy, poppy arrangements of some singer-songwriter stuff, a Leonard Cohen tune, a Dylan tune, and it's not a perfect album, but a solid 7.5-8 on a scale of 10, I'd say (though it's growing on me more & more every time I hear it). Billie Holiday is my favorite singer so I was prepared to dismiss it on the basis of being just another copycat, but that's not the case at all...and it was a pleasant surprise even though I did trust the posters who did recommend the rec. It's probably been mentioned here too but I can't remember...so in case it hasn't, I HIGHLY recommend this one if you like jazz vocals & particularly if you're a Billie Holiday fan.

Also spun Robyn Hitchcock's "Spooked," which I definitely need to hear again, and John Cale's "Hobosapien," which sounded kind of, well, not typical for Cale. I need to hear that one again also, but first impression was that it was pretty straightforward (for him) with an occasional experimental flourish. I've got to hear it again, I was busy while listening & it didn't really hit me all that much one way or the other. The Hitchcock CD is on a label called Yep Roc that I like more & more every time I see what they're putting out...didn't they put out the solo rec from the guy who used to play with Nick Lowe? Geraint Watkins, I think? I think they also put out the last Southern Culture On The Skids rec. i see something here from them called the ShackShakers, I'll have to give that a whirl. Be on the lookout for stuff from this label, it appears they sign up some pretty cool folks. So far the results as far as the wax they excrete haven't been what I'd consider completely up to snuff, but they're certainly on the right track.

There's a Stray Cats reunion DVD out that is absolutely amazing. Great footage & sound. Setzer's a wizard. Get it.

Still listening to American Idiot, Abbatoir Blues/Lyre Of Orpheus, and SMiLE pretty heavily...and listened to Streetcore & NRBQ Live At Yankee Stadium a couple of times also. I hear NRBQ's 'Just Ain't Fair' and I just have to listen to it again. And again. And again...just got the Steve Earle album but haven't listened to it yet. I'll have to spin 'Just Ain't Fair at least one more time to get it out of my head before I tackle that one...

KEXPMF
01-12-2005, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=Mr MidFi]I've been going wild with my new iPod (it was a Xmas gift). Yes, I know...lossy, compressed music sounds like crap, blah blah blah. I don't care. The portability/convenience factor has been a revelation. I've been playing literally thousands of songs on my office stereo and car stereo, using an FM transmitter attachment. It's slick, easy to use, and puts out a decent signal for this type of toy.

I got one for xmas too! Oh man, I have NOTHING but great things to say about it. I'm not really sure how I lived without this. I kept hearing people say that and thought, 'what's the big deal?' Now I know. I was just telling someone, "You know when a song you love comes on the radio and you say, 'Oh! I love this song!'... Well having an Ipod set on 'shuffle' is like having a radio station that only plays every one of your favorite songs and with no commercials. I have 1000 songs in mine so far. Setting it on 'shuffle' is the most fun for me, and making playlists. I have one called "drive", one called "sleep", etc.

My songs today (I'm making a playlist for a LONG road trip starting tomorrow... I'm driving from Kansas to L.A. and then up to Mammoth). Some good road music for me:

King Missle - Sensitive Artist (from a comp that Jar made that JC copied for me)
I don't know where I was when this song came out or how I missed it!! It's a keeper!!
Adem - Everything You Need (from Stone's 12/4 comp)
(this is making me think I want to buy this cd)
Tom Waits - Real Gone & Nighthawks at the Diner
Beastie Boys - Hello Nasty and Paul's Boutique
The Dandy Warhols - Come Down
now that's some droning driving music!
Swervedriver - Mezcal Head

Oh man, I sound like an Ipod commercial don't I? Sorry about that!! I'll shut up about the Ipod. :)

I'll check in from L.A. next week :cool:

KEXPMF
01-12-2005, 09:39 PM
Still listening to American Idiot, .

I FINALLY just got that album after listening to several of you rave about it. A great one for sure. I've been a LONG time Green Day fan, pre-Dookie (when they were signed to Lookout). Not sure if this one is my favorite yet but it's up there!
This band has come a long way. I remember well the people (certain music industry people I worked with) who said when Dookie first came out that they'll be a one hit wonder. haha

I heard a 12-yr old kid listing his favorite bands the other day, "Led Zeppelin, The Who, Yes, Steve Miller, Queen, Green Day...."

Interesting.

Mr MidFi
01-13-2005, 07:46 AM
KEXPMF:
The only thing that sucked about the iPod was having to install a USB 2.0 port. But once that was out of the way, it's been the funnest toy I've played with in years (yes, I know, funnest is not a proper word).

I now have over 1400 songs loaded. I decided a few days ago at work to start playing them all alphabetically, by song title. I'm only up to the letter "D" now (NP: "Dance on a Volcano").

I highly, highly recommend the iTrip accessory by Griffin. It's the best $30 I've spent this year. Look it up!