yamaha rx-v1400 and multichannel audio [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : yamaha rx-v1400 and multichannel audio

hmmmm
01-10-2005, 04:49 PM
I changed my receiver to the Yamaha rx-v1400 and when I listen to SACD's and DVD-A 's it sounds like the LFE channel is hardly there. It wasn't like that with the Panasonic or when I currently play regular cd's. Any suggestions?

Woochifer
01-10-2005, 04:59 PM
I would first suggest that you get a setup disc like the Sound & Vision Home Theater Setup DVD. Sounds like you need to do a channel test and make sure that the LFE is getting properly routed. Then you should use a SPL meter and calibrate all of the channels.

Another thing to keep in mind is that your Yamaha has a variable subwoofer crossover. You should try different settings, depending on what your speakers can handle.

Also, double check the settings on your multichannel audio player. When hooked into the multichannel audio input on the receiver, it bypasses the receiver's bass management and the YPAO auto calibration setup. Verifying the levels with a test disc and SPL meter ensures that the setup was done correctly.

hmmmm
01-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the help. I forgot that I never changed my Dennon DVD's subwoofer level for analog output after I moved it and hooked up the Yamaha, and also forgot that the receiver's settings would be bypassed. What a huge difference. Thanks again!