Have the folks at CMJ been here? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Have the folks at CMJ been here?

Finch Platte
12-18-2003, 06:20 AM
Or are the folks in here just ahead of the times? The issue's free disc has bands all over it that have been mentioned in here. Pretty weird- usually CMJ's ahead of the crowd.

Hope you can read the bands from this scan. Sure wish we could see the upload before we post >:~P

fp

Oh, sh!t, no wonder- it's the November issue! :eek: I picked it up at Tower just last night. D'oh!

Dave_G
12-18-2003, 06:33 AM
Dood,

how many "free" cd's do you have in your collection?

Probably about 3000, I bet. :rolleyes:

Dave

Finch Platte
12-18-2003, 06:43 AM
Dood,

how many "free" cd's do you have in your collection?

Probably about 3000, I bet. :rolleyes:

Dave

I've told you a million times to quit exaggerating. :p

Is that you over at mtbr posting as DaveG, or is that another DaveG?

fp

Dave_G
12-18-2003, 07:13 AM
Hammerin Gary,

No, I have not posted over there in years.

I was "Boatman" anyway, not DaveG.

On a sad note, one of the trails Mark and I built has fallen to pine beatles. The county cut LOTS of pinetrees and they of course fell slap on our work. Not sure of they will clean it up.

:mad:

We have a plan to sacrifice about 50% of it but it's still a bummer.

Plus there is more cutting and our trails are all interwoven in this one 500 acre parcel of land, so it might even get worse.

Dave

-Jar-
12-18-2003, 07:31 AM
Or are the folks in here just ahead of the times? The issue's free disc has bands all over it that have been mentioned in here. Pretty weird- usually CMJ's ahead of the crowd.

Hope you can read the bands from this scan. Sure wish we could see the upload before we post >:~P

fp

Oh, sh!t, no wonder- it's the November issue! :eek: I picked it up at Tower just last night. D'oh!

dayum!

two, count 'em, two songs on there that are also on MY 2003 disc.

hehe :-)

I really want to get ahold of that Avenged Sevenfold cd (WAKING THE FALLEN).. that track "Chapter Four" is one of the best metal songs I've heard in years.. you just don't hear those Iron Maiden-type duel lead guitars anymore.. it's a lost art and very welcome to these ears.

-jar

Finch Platte
12-18-2003, 08:12 AM
dayum!

I really want to get ahold of that Avenged Sevenfold cd (WAKING THE FALLEN)..

What are you saying? :p

If you can wait, I'll send you a copy. Or, I may send you the original- it was in the box to go to the used CD store, but since he'd probably give me $3 for it, I'd rather it go to a good home.

fp

-Jar-
12-18-2003, 08:23 AM
What are you saying? :p

If you can wait, I'll send you a copy. Or, I may send you the original- it was in the box to go to the used CD store, but since he'd probably give me $3 for it, I'd rather it go to a good home.

fp

i promise i'll feed it and walk it and take it to the vet for shots.

:D

Finch Platte
12-18-2003, 10:35 AM
i promise i'll feed it and walk it and take it to the vet for shots.

:D

It's obvious the singer is already rabid.

fp