Some of you guys may like this, [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Some of you guys may like this,

Finch Platte
01-10-2005, 07:02 AM
Ray LaMontagne's Trouble.

Info here: http://www.audioasylum.com/scripts/t.pl?f=rock&m=44958 Lot of people over there listened to the links & liked it. Tower's got it for $10- I picked one up. It's kinda mellow and nice.

fp

Oh, yeah- I've got a track from it on my latest comp. Lemme know if you want to hear it- I'll be posting about it in a minute.

Mike
01-10-2005, 07:51 AM
It's a keeper in my little corner of the world, produced by Ethan Johns it's mellow but he's got a real gritty voice. I'd be interested to see which track you've picked for your comp FP.

A few recent acquisitions for me all down to recent talk on this board which is still one of the best links to good new music are:-

Pinback - Summer in Abaddon, catchy layered sounds the kind I like.

Mylo - Destroy Rock and Roll, think of Royksopp for a reference, kinda cheesey 80s electronic up beat sounds in parts - but still good.

The Legends - Up Against the Legends, JC to thank for this another 80's influenced sound, my copy had an extra disc with it with remixes etc.

The Decemberists - Castaways and Cutouts, a bit slow on the uptake with these this is a few years old but what a gem with their almost folk like sounds.

Court and Spark - Witch Season, I think it was Davey boy who put me onto this perhaps not everybodys cup of tea but it suits me fine.

Oh and honourable mention to Guster who remind me of Crowded House with their melodic sweet harmonies, if you like acoustic chugging percussion songs you'll like their sound. Their last 3 albums I picked recently are all good.

Cheers
Mike

Davey
01-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Yeah, it's a pretty good album, especially for a debut. I don't like it nearly as much as some of the other people around here like tentoze and Mike, but still high quality music. We had a thread a couple weeks ago that developed into some talk about it between me and toze at http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?p=65063#post65063

Finch Platte
01-10-2005, 08:31 AM
It's a keeper in my little corner of the world, produced by Ethan Johns it's mellow but he's got a real gritty voice. I'd be interested to see which track you've picked for your comp FP.
Cheers
Mike

...How Come because it's relatively perky and it fits. :D

fp