speaker setup [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : speaker setup

shokhead
01-10-2005, 06:42 AM
Got my new 2805 and my Yamaha C750 DVD player. Both have speaker setups as in size,delay,volume for the Yamaha and the Denon has that and a little more. Question is do i set them both up the same or does the Denon not use the settings from the DVD player. Neither manual says use this one or that one.

Mr Peabody
01-10-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure why the DVD player has speaker setup unless it is for the analog outs to SACD input or something. I've never used mine. I go digital from my DVD to my processor and use it's speakers set up. So ignore the Yamaha set up and use the Denon's. The DVD set up could also be there in case some one still has a "5.1 ready" receiver.

bargainseeker
01-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Got my new 2805 and my Yamaha C750 DVD player. Both have speaker setups as in size,delay,volume for the Yamaha and the Denon has that and a little more. Question is do i set them both up the same or does the Denon not use the settings from the DVD player. Neither manual says use this one or that one.To hear the full multi-channel sound of SACD and DVD-Audio disks, you need to connect the 5.1 analog outputs of the DVD player to the receiver and set the input on the receiver accordingly. When you do so, you will bypass the bass management features of the receiver. Therefore, you need to make these settings on the DVD player so that they can be effective when playing SACD and DVD-Audio disks.

The simple answer is to set both the same.

shokhead
01-10-2005, 10:45 AM
Its for the 6 discrete output jacks for multi channel SACD and DVD-A.