Problem with Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5560 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Receiver: Yamaha HTR-5560

bigred8
01-09-2005, 04:20 PM
I am having a problem with my Yamaha HTR-5560. When I try and turn it on it immediatley shuts itself off. The warranty is now over, so sending it back to Yamaha is not the solution. I have looked inside the receiver and checked if the fuse was burnt out but that was not the case.

Before this happened I did have a message that said check speaker wires, which I did and saw nothing wrong.

Has anyone else had this problem. If so, what did you do to fix this. I will probably take it in to some repair shop to see what it would cost to fix it but I want to get an idea of the problem first.

Thanks in advance.

jeskibuff
01-17-2005, 04:34 AM
You've probably already tried this, but completely disconnect the speaker wires and see if it does the same thing when you power it up. If it does, sounds like you will have to take it in for service.

SAPSEC
01-17-2005, 09:20 AM
It sounds like wire + and - are mixed up together. Receiver activates Safety Protection Circuit by shutting itself off to prevent damages. Remove all wires from speaker terminals and try to turn it on again. Also check speaker impedance to ensure receiver can handle permitted impedance.
Good luck.