Need some advice on cables and other things... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on cables and other things...

drgolfnut
01-09-2005, 10:34 AM
I had an old home theater system that was with me for 6 years. I recently got the bug and got a pair of B&W 705s. Just one pair at first b/c I wanted to make sure I liked them and was about to slowly build by new system. We now I'm totally hooked b/c I love these speakers. The original plan was to use the 705s as mains and get smaller speakers like 602s for the surrounds. But I'm wondering if maybe I should grab a pair of 703s for mains, and use my current 705s for surrounds. I saw on ebay that a few 803s and 802s are up for auction and they look so tempting. Would anyone know if mixing 800s and 700s be a good or bad thing?
So my question for this forum is what kind of speaker cable would be good to hide along the baseboard? Along with the 705s, I also got a 10 foot pair of Acoustic Zen Epochs. These things are massive. I can barely bend them to get in the stands for the 705s. Is it possible to have a very thin and hideable speaker cable to run along baseboards that will still perform great? Drilling holes in the walls and running the huge cables does not sound appealing.

Mtbrider
01-15-2005, 08:34 AM
The Flexygy 6 from River Cables might be what you are looking for.

http://www.rivercable.com

umapet97
01-24-2005, 07:06 AM
If the BWs have the same tweeter configuration you should be Kool and the Gang.
As for the speaker cable,see if Gecco still does their flat cable;stuff can be painted,papered over and sound pretty good