D-ILA vs. DLP [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : D-ILA vs. DLP

Sidecar666
01-09-2005, 05:21 AM
Ok...what the heck is D-ILA and how does it compare to DLP tv's? All this new technology is driving me nuts! I'm so used to going into a store and finding the TV or speakers that sounds/looks the best for my budget. All these TV's kinda look the same and most look very good. (except the Sony's...they all look terrible for some reason...very disappointing). I looking for a TV about 52-60". Any referrals?

AVMASTER
01-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Ok...what the heck is D-ILA and how does it compare to DLP tv's? All this new technology is driving me nuts! I'm so used to going into a store and finding the TV or speakers that sounds/looks the best for my budget. All these TV's kinda look the same and most look very good. (except the Sony's...they all look terrible for some reason...very disappointing). I looking for a TV about 52-60". Any referrals?
yes it can be confusing so the first thing to do is to determine your needs, i.e. do you need something that can handle a bright room with alot of ambient light? Do you have limited space? is the viewing distance very short? what is my absolute budget? do i need better sound from the tv? Take a look at the remote control--can i operate it, is it backlit, will it operate my dvd player/cable box/vcr ? It can be alot of questions but once you,ve filled in most of the blanks finding a match is easy.
D-ILA direct drive image light amplifcation, a JVC deriviative of LCOS providing a brighter and more vivid image than single chip DLPs