Rear surrounds Dipole/Bipole [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Rear surrounds Dipole/Bipole

swgiust
01-08-2005, 09:49 AM
My current set up uses direct radiating (normal) speakers. Because of a doorway in the
rear of my room, my back surround speakers are about 10ft apart. This doesn't put
the speakers behind you when you sit on the couch. The result is that I don't get that
enveloping surround sound. I have been thinking about adding a set of Dipole/Bipole
speakers. The Infinity Beta ES250. These would be placed at about the same distance
apart, but up a little higher than my existing speakers. Do you guys think this would
give me a fuller, more enveloping sound? Is it worth the expense of a new set of speakers?
My set up is 7.1.

Thanks

PAT.P
01-09-2005, 04:05 PM
My current set up uses direct radiating (normal) speakers. Because of a doorway in the
rear of my room, my back surround speakers are about 10ft apart. This doesn't put
the speakers behind you when you sit on the couch. The result is that I don't get that
enveloping surround sound. I have been thinking about adding a set of Dipole/Bipole
speakers. The Infinity Beta ES250. These would be placed at about the same distance
apart, but up a little higher than my existing speakers. Do you guys think this would
give me a fuller, more enveloping sound? Is it worth the expense of a new set of speakers?
My set up is 7.1.

Thanks
I have a pair of Dalhquist 25RA Dipole/Bipole speaker set up like this (not in back of couch ) and they fill the room and sound great this way .They are 3 feet above the headrest of couch on each side.Pat.P