Multichannel Hookup [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Multichannel Hookup

carracr625
01-06-2005, 09:33 PM
I have recently purchased a new DVD/SACD/DVD-A player. So far I have just a digital optical cable running for audio. Obviously I need to purchase cables to partake in the multichannel audio experience. I recently found these (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33205&item=5742441365&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) on ebay. Obviously the seller speaks highly of them, as to be expected. But, what do you guys think? I know it's next to impossible to tell the quality of the sound you will get without actually hearing the cables. But my question is more about the quality of the components used. I have heard good things about both Belden & Canare. So I feel that they are probably worth the money, but before I drop the greenbacks. I would like to hear some opinions. If anyone has used either of these brands lets hear it?

markw
01-07-2005, 02:39 AM
Belden and Canare are both respeced names in the business. Dunno who this guy is, though.

Monstrous Mike
01-07-2005, 09:15 AM
I have recently purchased a new DVD/SACD/DVD-A player. So far I have just a digital optical cable running for audio. Obviously I need to purchase cables to partake in the multichannel audio experience.
The requirements for connecting your DVD-A six channel analog output to the amp are the same as any other analog audio connection. Thus, you can use 3 sets of red/white audio cables or even two red/white/yellow AV cables.

The cables you linked to are the same thing except with nice connectors and nice color coding. Personally, I wouldn't necessarily get the cheapest cables possible but this six cable DVD-A connection doesn't require breaking the bank, especially if you only need a few feet of cable.