NXG speakers - any good? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : NXG speakers - any good?

Cleveland Bill
01-06-2005, 08:08 PM
I'm looking for whole house stereo (in addition to my home theatre set up) and these were recommended. Does anyone have any experience/comments with them? Thanks.

SAPSEC
01-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Never heard of this. Are they from England ? In general, English (BW, KEF) and French (JM Lab) speakers are excellent. Avoid Canadian ones (PSB, Paradigm, Axioom ...)

Pat D
01-07-2005, 03:49 PM
Never heard of this. Are they from England ? In general, English (BW, KEF) and French (JM Lab) speakers are excellent. Avoid Canadian ones (PSB, Paradigm, Axioom ...)
I had never heard of NXG speakers before, either, but they are easy to find on a Google search under "NXG speaker."

On the other hand, a number of Canadian manufacturers make some excellent speakers, including PSB, Paradigm, Mirage, Energy, and Ethera. Axiom speakers also have a good reputation as very fine values but I have no experience with their current speakers.

I have nothing against British speaker manufacturers like Kefs, B & W's, Missions, Quads and so on, as some of their speakers are very fine.

markw
01-08-2005, 05:17 AM
Avoid Canadian ones (PSB, Paradigm, Axioom ...)..and I'm glad.

It's total hoo ha. They are all decent speakerds within their price ranges.

Canada puts out some pretty fine speakers at reasonable prices. ...at last as far as us here in the lower 48 see it.

FWIW, along with this list to auditiion I'd add Athena, Energy and Mirage.