Well I decided on which headphones to get... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Well I decided on which headphones to get...

Manimal
01-04-2005, 07:10 PM
You may have seen my thread a little ways down the page, if not I needed help deciding on which set of cans to get between Grado SR80's or Koss Pro4aa's.

Well I went with the Koss's, and after not even a full day of use being broken in, i must say I'm very satisfied. While listening to David Bowie's Five Years I heard an acoustic guitar in the backround that I hadn't before. Thats always a good sign. The highs and mids are crystal clear and the bass is deep and thumpin, while not being boomy.

The only 2 downfalls i have is the fact that they like to slide off the back of your head if the head band isnt placed on the top of your head or more forward, and the bass frequency will diminish unless you have them sitting flush against your head. (They adjust to rotate horizontaly)

I don't mind the weight at all and am willing to adjust them perfectly and wear them a little farther up than i normally would to get good sound.

Maybe in a few months I'll get the Grado's too and just have both. :-)

FLZapped
01-05-2005, 09:11 AM
The only 2 downfalls i have is the fact that they like to slide off the back of your head if the head band isnt placed on the top of your head or more forward, and the bass frequency will diminish unless you have them sitting flush against your head. (They adjust to rotate horizontaly)

Yeah, it isn't good to look up at airplanes flying over, but they aren't the first set of cans I've had do that.

Maybe in a few months I'll get the Grado's too and just have both. :-)

Might not be a bad idea.

-Bruce