Check out this kewl web radio station... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Check out this kewl web radio station...

Swish
01-03-2005, 05:55 PM
run by none other than a 14 year old girl named Zoe. But don't let that turn you off, as right now she's playing She's Lost Control by Girls Against Boys, and just before that I heard one from the latest Cat Power and another from the latest Beulah.

Anyway, the link is http://www.fistfulayen.com/MT/ and it's been up and running since October of last year. I've had the link for quite a long time but just got around to checking it out and loading the newer version of Real Player. Ok, GAB is done and now she's playing Catch Me Up from Gomez.

Anyway, it's worth checking out IMHO.

Swish

jasn
01-04-2005, 07:08 AM
I've been on the site for over an hour now and I must say it is excellent. I've been a big fan of www.3wk.com (http://www.3wk.com), and Little Radio seems to give them a good run. Except Little Radio gets extra credits for having a free, high bandwidth connection and no promo ads (how long can they do that for?)

As with every other i-radio station I stream, I had to try all the different players to get the best sound. WIndows Media Player sounds the best but the the track titles don't seem to be working. (I need to know what's playing or it drives me nuts). I-tunes sounded like crap, so I am once again trying WInamp. It sounds very good, I like the interface, and I can minmize it to my taskbar and just sweep over the icon to see who's playing.

Thanks Swish

Swish
01-04-2005, 09:16 AM
I've been on the site for over an hour now and I must say it is excellent. I've been a big fan of www.3wk.com (http://www.3wk.com), and Little Radio seems to give them a good run. Except Little Radio gets extra credits for having a free, high bandwidth connection and no promo ads (how long can they do that for?)

As with every other i-radio station I stream, I had to try all the different players to get the best sound. WIndows Media Player sounds the best but the the track titles don't seem to be working. (I need to know what's playing or it drives me nuts). I-tunes sounded like crap, so I am once again trying WInamp. It sounds very good, I like the interface, and I can minmize it to my taskbar and just sweep over the icon to see who's playing.

Thanks Swish

meaning you can minimize it and sweep your curser over it to see what band is playing. Actually it goes one better by showing part of the title before you even sweep over it. For instance, right now I see Pale Horse-...but not the artist, who happens to be John Vanderslice.

Anyway, glad you like it.

Swishy

jasn
01-04-2005, 10:44 AM
My bad, actually, in that I meant to say that the Winamp icon in the System Tray will show the title if you sweep over the icon.

If you go to the View:Preferences, you can turn off the Taskbar tag when you minmize the player and it only shows up in the System Tray. Or, if you keep the System Tray option on, you can also enable the title to scroll. This may the best option yet...

NP on Little Radio: Scissor Sisters "Comfortably Numb" I'd been hearing about this. It's pretty funny, a cross between PF and the BeeGees.

KEXPMF
01-04-2005, 10:56 AM
I just tried www.3wk.com and it sounded bad, I don't know how to describe that sound but it sounded 'digital' if that makes any sense.
I used to always listen via musicmatch but now I listen over itunes.

I still like www.kexp.org the best - the stations you guys are describing sound like they are similar to KEXP

www.radioparadise.com is a good one too.

That's the beauty of internet radio though... there really is something for EVERYONE.

I would like to have my own station someday. When I have time to figure out how!
:)