C.E.S. Thread! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : C.E.S. Thread!

ericl
01-03-2005, 02:32 PM
OK Guys,

CES is this weekend, and I am all set to head over to vegas on thursday. One question, what the heck do you guys want to see? or hear about? I'll be armed with a nice digital camera, but this time I won't have CR's expert photographer, Photo-John. So the pics won't be as great as his but I'll do my best. Let me know you want otherwise I'll be roaming the rooms, checking our whatever looks/sounds good. Hoepfully I'll be able to find a sweet HT setup playing the NFL playoffs..

Also, are any of yous guys going to be there? I'd love to meet some of you, maybe take you out for drinks or somethin.

-Eric

CES Audio Section (http://www.cesweb.org/attendees/markets/audio.asp)

eisforelectronic
01-03-2005, 04:08 PM
I wish I could make it this year. I'll be there next time though.

hermanv
01-03-2005, 04:40 PM
There's been a lot of discussion in the forums about new HDTV technology. At CES the sets will be more likely to be adjusted to show their best, unlike the sets at local mass market discounter.

If you could look at RPTV in all its kinds, DLP LCOS ILA and also see if the native full size forty-something inch LCD (as opposed to projected) are being displayed. Someone might have the direct LED or organic LED sets on display even though they won't be for sale for a while.

RPTV does still seem to offer the most bang for the buck and as they shrink in size look more and more like the conventional TVs we're all used to.

My experience is that these kinds of shows aren't that good for audio demos, too much confusion and background noise not enough time to evealuate anything that really is superior.

Geoffcin
01-03-2005, 07:28 PM
If I didn't have to go to Tucson next month I'd be there.

Yes, I really want to hear what you think of the new HD-DVD, and Blum ray tech.

Also, there's a new tech on the horizon that might be the next best think in flat panels. It uses phosphors just like a CRT but instead of an electron gun it has a matrix of emitters, I think one for every pixel.

ericl
01-12-2005, 04:19 PM
After an uploading mishap which caused me to lose all the photos I uploaded yesterday, I put them up again today:

CES 2005 (http://gallery.audioreview.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=239474)

Check them out!