CD and DVD players [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : CD and DVD players

shokhead
01-03-2005, 08:10 AM
I've been out of the AV loop for a few years so bear with me. It seems there is still alot of people getting CD players. Why? Why not get a DVD player that plays everything? Am i missing something? Is it better to have seperate players.

WAF!
01-04-2005, 02:36 PM
I've been out of the AV loop for a few years so bear with me. It seems there is still alot of people getting CD players. Why? Why not get a DVD player that plays everything? Am i missing something? Is it better to have seperate players.

If you will be doing alot of 2 channel music listening a CDP will outperform a DVD player at the same price point in most cases. There are some excellent DVD players such as Arcam that will also have excellent CD playback but are not cheap. They start at around $1000 US.

46minaudio
01-05-2005, 07:31 AM
Get the DVD player that will play everything..Pioneer,Toshiba,and others have come out with players that do SACD,DVDa,DVDV.and just about every other format out there..These players can be bought as low as 175$..They will also do BM on the multi ch analog outs.these players will sound as good as any other CD player only....

shokhead
01-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Get the DVD player that will play everything..Pioneer,Toshiba,and others have come out with players that do SACD,DVDa,DVDV.and just about every other format out there..These players can be bought as low as 175$..They will also do BM on the multi ch analog outs.these players will sound as good as any other CD player only....
Thats what i did. Got the Yamaha C750,multi-disc,DVD-A and SACD and i think every other disc inc WMA I'm thinking my CD's will sound fine.

46minaudio
01-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Thats what i did. Got the Yamaha C750,multi-disc,DVD-A and SACD and i think every other disc inc WMA I'm thinking my CD's will sound fine.
Does this unit do BM and distance for DVDa,SACD?..If so I might pick one up myself..

shokhead
01-05-2005, 04:11 PM
Does this unit do BM and distance for DVDa,SACD?..If so I might pick one up myself..

Yes it does.