Okay Campers 2004 is fini.....what was your fave or worst films of the year? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Okay Campers 2004 is fini.....what was your fave or worst films of the year?

Worf101
01-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Okay kiddies now that Regis has totally shown how big a weiner he really is I'm askin what were your fave or worst films of the year. They can be in the movies or HT, and there's no limit. I'm not going to list anything right now, just gonna wait and then chime in. Sooo let's play and let the games begin...

Da Worfster :D :D

JSE
01-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Okay kiddies now that Regis has totally shown how big a weiner he really is I'm askin what were your fave or worst films of the year. They can be in the movies or HT, and there's no limit. I'm not going to list anything right now, just gonna wait and then chime in. Sooo let's play and let the games begin...

Da Worfster :D :D

Worst?

Open Water!

Just a waste of film. We have covered this before so I won't rehash it. Just Bad. IMHO. :D

Best?

Not the first that came to mind but I think it's one of the best films in the last couple of years, Man on Fire!

Just a good movie from start to finish. I had low expectations going in because I thought it had been done before with not so good results but this movie blew me away. It was one of those movies you just kept thinking about for several days after seeing it. Very powerful.

JSE

eisforelectronic
01-03-2005, 04:09 PM
I liked the Incredibles a lot.

skewiff
01-07-2005, 06:31 AM
I'm going to say
Shaun of the Dead as a fave, and Anchorman as the worst, this is a bad as in rubbish movie its just not funny.

Tony

recoveryone
01-07-2005, 09:35 AM
The Best RAY

worst U Been Served

risabet
01-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Worst (Tie): Troy, who cast this movie?
Ghost of Mars: An absolute piece of c--p.

Best: Shaun of the Dead, we still laugh just thinking about it.

dean_martin
01-13-2005, 11:54 AM
I was looking forward to reading all the responses because I had a hard time keeping up with new movies in '04. So, I'll skirt the rules and provide best that I've seen and what I'm looking forward to.

Best - Napolean Dynamite. I can't help it. This movie was a series of funny scenes - some were lighthearted, but many were wickedly funny which was surprising because it's rated PG with no strong language. I rarely check out ALL the extras on dvds, but the extras on this release are definitely worth a look. Most of the deleted scenes are hilarious and you get to see "Peluka" which is the director's original low-budget b&w short from which the feature length film is derived.

Potential - Sideways. I have little info on this film except that it stars Paul Giamotti. I've watched American Splendor with Giamotti 3 times over the past couple of months and I was more engrossed with his performance each time.

ovlucero
01-13-2005, 05:12 PM
I'm not much into computer animated movies but this one surprised me. The girlfriend insisted so we went on to watch it and was really impressed. Overall, a good / fun movie...

2005 - early favorite this year is Kung Fu Hustle

RGA
01-19-2005, 09:26 PM
Due to school I have not seen much this year - but the two best I have seen in 2004 are probably Farenheit 911 and Kill Bill Vol 2 (but again there are some big movies i have not seen. I enjoyed the Aviator and Spiderman II (agree with Ebert on this one)

I managed to avoid bad movies this year but one real stinker was

Suspect Zero */*****

paul_pci
01-19-2005, 11:19 PM
I rent more movies than I actually go see, but two stand outs for me in '04 were Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Garden State. I can't speak up for the worst; I usually try to avoid situations where I'll end up saying, "Oh my god, that's the worst thing I've ever seen." Of course, that would also explain why I don't seek out male mud-wrestling.

Paul.

Worf101
01-21-2005, 07:54 AM
I saw some nice little movies this year.

1. Napoleon Dynamite - Funny, quirky, original... you either loved it or hated it I loved it.

2. Open Water - I like it for all the reasons so many people despised it. I felt the almost cinema veritae nature of it was very, very enjoyable.

3. Spiderman 2 - There were parts of this movie that broke my heart and I was suckered in from begining to end. Can't wait for number 3.

4. Friday Night Lights - If you ever strapped em up on any level, this film will bring back some amazing memories.

5. Kill Bill Volume 2 - Loved this series and can't wait to see more. The mixmatching of genres was fun and sly. Liked it a lot.

6. Collateral - Damn, never thought I'd like a Tom Cruise movie enough to put it in my list of faves for the year but here it is. Sigh... I actually (gulp) liked his performance...

Well that's all my faves for this minute. I'll write about my hates next week or so...

Yours...

Da Worfster :cool:

umapet97
01-28-2005, 04:42 AM
Really enjoyed
Napoleon Dynamite,Kill Bill series,Man on Fire was the best one I saw this year(everything from the story to the score was top notch).

Absolutely hated Spiderman2,VanHelsing,and any animated feature with Celine Dion,Elton John,or Phil Collins as part of the soundtrack,any picture with rappers attempting comedy.

TV series DVDs,best one was Keen Eddie,great show that went right over a lot of viewers heads.Worst one was the OC series 1.