Anybody have December issue of ConsumerReport? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have December issue of ConsumerReport?

Smokey
01-01-2005, 04:11 PM
I think they reviewed different sizes of analog non-HD TVs for December issue and my local newsstand only have January issue. I need to know their ratings for 27 inch TVs (in term of picture quality) since I am in the market for one.

Thank you for your help.

jasmit
01-01-2005, 06:04 PM
CR rated the 27" standard definition sets in the following order:

1. Sanyo DS27930 (Wal-Mart)
2. RCA TruFlat 27F650T
3. Sony FD Trinitron KV-27FS120
4. Toshiba 27A44
5. JVC l'Art AV-27F475
6. Panasonic CT-27SL14
7. JVC D-Series AV-27D305
8. Samsung DynaFlat TX-P2734F
9. Phillips 27PT6441

They rated the picture quality (regular TV via high quality input) of the Sanyo and the Toshiba as "very good." They rated all the others "good." Regarding the picture quality for regular TV via basic input, they rated 1 through 5 as "good" and the rest as "fair."

Hope this helps.

Smokey
01-01-2005, 08:02 PM
I had my eye on the Panasonic 27SL14, but after seeing that rating, I am not so sure. Sanyo flat TV $228 seem to be an incredible value considering that Panasonic and Toshiba flat TV cost almost $100 more.

Thanks again :)

hershon
01-02-2005, 01:33 AM
Out of curiosity, how come you don't want an HD ready Set?

I had my eye on the Panasonic 27SL14, but after seeing that rating, I am not so sure. Sanyo flat TV $228 seem to be an incredible value considering that Panasonic and Toshiba flat TV cost almost $100 more.

Thanks again :)

Worf101
01-02-2005, 09:37 AM
I think they reviewed different sizes of analog non-HD TVs for December issue and my local newsstand only have January issue. I need to know their ratings for 27 inch TVs (in term of picture quality) since I am in the market for one.

Thank you for your help.

Bust down and spend a couple bucks on the magazine you chesp so and so... LOL :D
Whazza matta bears don't got pockets or wallets?

I'm sorry man it was just to easy a set-up I had to hit it...

Da Worfster :cool:

Smokey
01-02-2005, 12:43 PM
Out of curiosity, how come you don't want an HD ready Set?

Would not having enough money to buy one be a good excuse :D

I have thought about it. Bestbuy have Advent 27 inch TV HD TV for $399 which seem to be a good buy. But I am not sure how it will perform in the long run. My previous TV buying experience (as you are aware) have thought me to stay away from no name brand Tvs.

Panasonic have a 27 inch HD TV, but it is slightly out of my price range for the application that will be used (for computer room). Also have been looking at 32 Toshiba TV (32A33) which sears have for $332. So as of now, I am evaluating my options :)

Whazza matta bears don't got pockets or wallets?

Yes we do have pockets or wallets. But sometimes there is no money in it :D